What Size Motor

Turbo Bob

Registered
I just bought an 08 Gen2 Busa and am going to do an engine build. I see people talking about engine sizes but I don't know what pistons sizes make what CCs so with a stock Gen 2 what does a 2mil over or a 3 mil over get you?

3 over gives you a 1441 and I think 2 over gives you 1430. Which ever way you go it would be a waste of time and money if you do t do the head and cams while you're at it. Jmo.

What are your goals you want to achieve 4 your build? This build 4 the street or track or both?

Not to worry, It will be a full on build with head, cams, bore and tuned through the ecu I will keep it at 2 mil with the stock Gen 2 block. I just wasn't sure what the CCs would be when I read so much about motors here being described by their CCs rather than by their overbore.

get a Carpenter 1441 you wont be sorry there I had one and that is possible the best combo out there, the 1441 i mean, I am sure other builders can do it as well, Carpenter 1441 on pum gas makes around 225-230 depending on pipe etc.
I loved it for street use and used stock gen 2 block no issues!

Back