What oil pan is everyone running?

So... bringing up a old topic, doesnt seem like it was answered?? 1" vs 1.5"??? or should we just go with the pro street pan and call it a day? any pros or cons? Thanks, 5 years later,I'm sure someone has got to have a good answer! thanks!!
I can answer this.
I ran a 1" pan for 3 or 4 years and it gave me lots of clearance. I used that pan on the street for regular street riding and going to the track with zero issues. One engine I ran a racecraft 1" pan and the other engine I had a 1" DME pan. I did run a baffle in both engines as well as my main function for the bike was to drag race.
I recently converted to the DME Prostreet wedge pan as my front end was too low and I was forced to switch it up or I wouldn't be able to take advantage of getting the front end low enough. So I do have a DME 1" pan that I will be posting for sale soon.
It depends on what you are going to do with the bike. If you're street/strip, go with a 1" pan. It'll give you a little more oil volume than a wedge. If you're going extreme and lowering the front to follow rules (Prostreet) then go with a wedge.

I can answer this.
I ran a 1" pan for 3 or 4 years and it gave me lots of clearance. I used that pan on the street for regular street riding and going to the track with zero issues. One engine I ran a racecraft 1" pan and the other engine I had a 1" DME pan. I did run a baffle in both engines as well as my main function for the bike was to drag race.
I recently converted to the DME Prostreet wedge pan as my front end was too low and I was forced to switch it up or I wouldn't be able to take advantage of getting the front end low enough. So I do have a DME 1" pan that I will be posting for sale soon.
It depends on what you are going to do with the bike. If you're street/strip, go with a 1" pan. It'll give you a little more oil volume than a wedge. If you're going extreme and lowering the front to follow rules (Prostreet) then go with a wedge.
I ended up doing with the 1.5inch for now. I am using the bike to drag race but it's a stock engine gen 1 so I'm no where near pro street but figured this should do me good to complement the sidewinder I have now. Thankyou.

Back