Aftermarket Oil Pans and Oil Pan Baffle

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hello everyone,
My question here is pertaining to oil pans and the difference in them.

Now I my understanding for the baffle in the oil pan; it keeps the motor oil where it needs to be, and continuing to give the oil pump oil instead of air.

But there are different oil pans out there with different depths, why is this and what is the significance? The only legitimate claim that I can think of is clearance for aftermarket headers?

What is the gain of adding a 2 inch or 1 inch pan?

Would it be just as effective to replace the baffle in the pan, or get the new oil pan with the baffle in it?

Thank you all for any clarification you can bring to this topic.

V/R
Rob

IT ACTUALLY DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO TO EVEN NEED A LOW PRO PAN?

WHAT HEADER YOUR USING?

ALSO WHAT APPLICATION THE PAN IS BEING USED IN ie CAR,BIKE,SANDRAIL OR ANYTHING ELSE..

Well in this example it would be on a 2007 Hayabusa. Intended for street use and just looking at optional upgrades.

Well in this example it would be on a 2007 Hayabusa. Intended for street use and just looking at optional upgrades.

Aftermarket oil pans are used only for a few reasons.

Ground clearance so you can lower the bike for drag racing like in a prostreet application.

The second is similar however most often used in drag racing however with a dry sump oil return and feed system.

If you drag race the bike and it is lowered and also high powered (enough to wheelie in several gears or even any gears) then you would want a lowered oil pan so that when you either chop or get out of the throttle upon landing the front wheel down the oil pan will not break ( causing the rear tire to be coated in hot slippery engine oil) which can and in most drag racing applications cause the rear tire to come around under braking causing the rider to lose control and crash.

If you drag race or street ride the bike and it is lowered a fer inches then order a lowered oil pan and pickup, you can get them from APE, Goldenchild or perhaps GPW.

John Noonan

John

Option #1200
:rofl:

works great

Picture 3458.jpg

Picture 3456.jpg

Goldenchild, Any measurements on how much is cut off that pan and pickup? I was eyeballing mine up today and am having a few doubts on how much to take off the pickup after whacking the pan. Or any pictures of the inside of the pan?

I boxed it to sell,ready to ship now it's all packed up in the move..sorry....

If you don't have a sidewinder it won't help you much unless you are using a dry sump as stated. Must after market exhaust sit even or close with the OEM pan. Now a windage baffle (keeps excess oil off the crank freeing up HP) may be a good mod for you if its performance based. :thumbsup:

Back