Is there a difference in design of the 2" billet oil pans?

Flush74

Registered
Hey Everyone,

Ok so today, like a total idiot:banghead:, I smashed the oil plug up through the oil pan driving pulling out of my driveway. It’s a turbo hayabusa with a sidewinder exhaust. Luckily I pulled over before I got too far from home and the walk of shame pushing my bike wasn't completely unbearable.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the extra $200 difference between these two billet oil pans worth it? I don't mind spending the extra money if it’s really worth it.

Mr Turbo | Online Catalog, Oil Parts

Hayabusa Billet Oil Pan with Swivel Pick Up

2. The book says that I need to remove the engine before I can remove the oil pan, that doesn't quite sound right. Do I really have to have the engine removed before I can R^2 the oil pan?

Thanks for the help,
Flush

The oil pan will come right off once the header is out of the way.
I don't know if any part of your turbo or exhaust prevents you from getting to the right side or front oil pan bolts either.
If not you may be able to remove the pan with nothing other than the fairings off.:beerchug:

Fixed my oil pan leak last time I changed exhausts, pan is off in the picture.

SDC10459.jpg

Do you work on your bike? You do not have to remove the engine to drop the pan...you may have issues with oil lines if you decide to swap pans....it is basic mechanics / most shops will accomidate the job.

Thanks Guys!!!! Yeah I'm going to do the work myself. The pan is custom billet so I will have to get another one from the shop that did all of the motor work so the oil line all fit properly. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not going to have to remove the engine. The exaust pipes and header are well above the turbo and exhaust so I won't have to mess with that. Well there goes $500 that could have gone to paint....Oh well... Go to work and make more money just to spend it:laugh:

Thanks again for the help!!!!

Back