why cant you run a 2" billet oil pan with conventional exhuast?

JimmyTNT

Registered
Shouldnt it allow for more clearance and not interfere with a regular exhaust? ive tried to pull up info on this, but no luck.

I smashed my oil pan today on the freeway while going to work and im going to do a sidewinder and 2" billet oil pan sooner than planned apparently. I dont feel like shelling out a $1000 for the sidewinder just yet, but i NEED an oil pan. Soo instead of buying a stock pile of **** one, il get my billet pan and run the exhaust for a month longer till i get some $ to blow. Sucked ass, i smacked some gnarly ass dip/pothole on the freeway in a road construction area. yoshi header is MANGLED! :banghead:

Shouldnt it allow for more clearance and not interfere with a regular exhaust? ive tried to pull up info on this, but no luck.

I believe it is because of the shape of the billet pans vs. OEM pan. The billet pans are flat all the way across where the OEM pan has a portion that dips several inches further down. That part of the OEM pan that the exhaust passes over/near is very shallow. Since sidewinders exit through the side fairing, clearance under/near the oil pan is not an issue.

Back