DME Oil pan 1" vs 1.5" which to chose?

Bankrupt

Registered
As the title says it, Im looking at the DME oil pans. I couldn't find a completed thread with an answer. I use the bike to drag race, Im currently installing a Brocks performance sidewinder and would like a lower oil pan to prevent smashing it open on the track from a power wheelie. Are there any big differences at all? Would it be best for a pro street pan instead? Thanks in advance, would turbo the bike in future but for now, I'm doing this.

I just did the same thing, cut lowers, billet pan and a sidewinder. I'm using 3" Trac Slammerz, the forks are pushed 1.7" through the triple tree and I'm running a 17" 60 series front tire. I have the DME 1.5" pan and have way more clearance than I will ever need, almost 4". The only reason to go to a 1" pan or a pro street wedge pan is if you're short necked and have a 16" front wheel. Oil capacity matters, get the 1.5 inch pan.

received_595487094702716.jpeg

I just did the same thing, cut lowers, billet pan and a sidewinder. I'm using 3" Trac Slammerz, the forks are pushed 1.7" through the triple tree and I'm running a 17" 60 series front tire. I have the DME 1.5" pan and have way more clearance than I will ever need, almost 4". The only reason to go to a 1" pan or a pro street wedge pan is if you're short necked and have a 16" front wheel. Oil capacity matters, get the 1.5 inch pan.

View attachment 1622321
Thank you!!! This is what I needed. Great looking bike btw! I appreciate the feedback

Another note on the sidewinder-turbo route. You're going to have to cut the fairings to fit the sidewinder and when you switch to a turbo the dump pipes aren't going to fit nicely through that hole you just created. If you're keeping the same fairing you might have to go to that radical 3/4 cut or replace the lower and start over....

Another note on the sidewinder-turbo route. You're going to have to cut the fairings to fit the sidewinder and when you switch to a turbo the dump pipes aren't going to fit nicely through that hole you just created. If you're keeping the same fairing you might have to go to that radical 3/4 cut or replace the lower and start over....
I was thinking id do the radical 3/4 cut, not really the prettiest bike to begin with. original fairings got ripped off on the highway at about 140mph, It was my fault but I won't get into it :p It will be a track bike so I just wanna win and go fast lol. Good info to have. Although I think ill wait to completely do the 3/4 cut as your set up looks really good. I could dig that for awhile.

View attachment 1622321
sorry to be all over the place, but was there anything else needed? New hardware? Im going to get a new gasket but wasn't sure if hardware was the same? Thanks again.

I run Vortex sprockets exclusively, size varies between 17/44 and 17/48 depending on DA (weather) and track conditions. There's no magic gear, I switch them all the time.
Ok nice. One more question. Is there suppose to be anything between the brocks headers and the head? Like a gasket of some sort?

Ok nice. One more question. Is there suppose to be anything between the brocks headers and the head? Like a gasket of some sort?
There is no gasket, there are just those OEM donut looking rings that sit in the head. Those things can be reused again and again and again, no worries there. It's a very simple install, cutting the fairings is always the most difficult part. I used a cut off wheel on a Dremel tool and an oscillating sander to clean it up. It turned out fine but it took some time to get it right. I probably took the fairing on and off 20 times. One thing to watch out for is footpeg clearance. I don't know why but Brock seemed to design that pipe for stock footpeg location. I had to custom fab a lowering bracket for my DME extensions and vortex rearsets.

20200704_182141.jpg

You're probably going to want an oil filter relocator. It's a pain in the ass to get that thing off with the head pipes right there. Exotic cycle manufacturers that piece. They make them for Brocks as well.

Back