What Mods To Your Busa do you REGRET BUYING!

I put mine Garage door opener at the push button of the signal light. Two litter copper strip at each end of the white assy, run speaker wire w/the original hardness and the remote is sit at the leftside upper cover.:D

Every mod I've ever done! Damn it! I have doubled, almost tripple what my bike cost brand new and if I could ever get 13-15k for it I'd let it go in a minute. Realisticly it's only worth 8-9k. Not 26k+ including the purchase price I have invested.

I guess in hindsight I can say I built a nice bike for the next guy that'll buy it cheap.

My full yosh exhaust exhaust system, The money could have went toward a turbo kit. Also, my mickey thompson shoot out tire... the performance of the tire is not worth the cost.

The ones I know work well are:
"automatic garage door opener that ties into my highbeam light (excellent)...
BC I havent heard of that. Can you tell me about?
OK...since I think EVERYONE should have one of these...I'll post the info here instead of an IM...
First of all I got it from eBay...this person sells them consistantly.
look-up eBay Item number: 4584662771... it's an ongoing auction.
Mine is mounted here (just above the guages):
e122a212.jpg

Basically, it a 2 wire unit with an antennae.
When I activate the highbeam either by the trigger or the switch, it causes the unit to activate for a few seconds..sending the signal to open the garage door.
One hot wire and one ground. You just tie into the switched lead for the HBeam.
You door opener should fall under the listed types..and there is a help section on your opener's website to program a new remote.

That's basically what it is...a new remote that uses the power from your switch instead of pushing a button.

Here's a copy/paste from the auction:
Keep both hands on the handle bars with this NEW Taiddan remote that is compatible with any Genie® garage door openers manufactured from 1997 to present using Intellicode.  The Taiddan remote in this auction is also compatible with Overhead Door® openers using Code Dodger.  (Click here or see below for other models we have available.)  With the Taiddan remote installed on your motorcycle, you can have secure encrypted access to your garage door by simply flashing your high beam.  No more fumbling for your remote while trying to drive!  Installation is very simple and can be done in less than 15 minutes.  Requires no batteries and there are no moving parts, so Taiddan is capable of lasting the life or your motorcycle and will pay for itself over time.  Add a little more class to your home and motorcycle with a NEW Taiddan remote.
FEATURES:
   * Security-  Compatible with Intellicode technology, triggered by the flash of your high beam, the Taiddan remote actually transmits the rolling code encryption used by Genie®.  This creates over a billion code combinations that keeps your signal secure with each use.  The Taiddan remote's small compact size mounts discreetly to your motorcycle either behind the instruments, fairings, or under the seat.  No losing or misplacing your remote as it is always with the motorcycle.  This also prevents anyone from stealing your remote and gaining access to your home.
   * Safety-  With the Taiddan remote installed, you are able to keep both hands on the handle bars.  Simply flip your high beam switch to activate the garage door.  No more fumbling for a remote while you are trying to break, clutch, down shift, and steer ALL at the same time.
   * No Maintenance-  Since there are no batteries to replace, your Taiddan remote can actually pay for itself over time.  No more frustration of dealing with a weak signal because of low battery power.  The Taiddan signal is just as strong the first time as it is the millionth time it is used.  Even with new batteries installed some remotes continue to transmit poorly due to oxidized contacts, dirt, or water damage.  With Taiddan there are no moving parts or contacts and it is sealed to be heat, shock, and weather resistant- simply maintenance free.
   * Warranty-  Taiddan comes with a full year replacement warranty.  As long as your Taiddan remote doesn't have tire marks on it, isn't obliterated into a hundred pieces, or hasn't been blatantly abused, the manufacturer will send you a free replacement.
   * Transmission Distance-  Unlike other remotes, the Taiddan remote in this auction is equipped with an external antenna.  This makes it possible to transmit up to 2X the distance of other remotes in some cases.
   * Car or Truck-  Even though Taiddan is a "Must Have" for all motorcycles, it also works great for your car or truck-  much of the same benefits and added class.  Most of our business comes from previous customers returning to purchase additional remotes for their cars and trucks.
   * Compatibility-  Taiddan works identically to your existing remotes.  Your garage door is capable of receiving multiple remotes.  Alternately, your Taiddan remote can be programmed into multiple garage doors as well.  For example, if a relative's home uses a Genie® garage door with Intellicode; you can program the Taiddan remote into your home AND their home as well.  Even if you sell your house- take Taiddan with you and program it into your new home.  Whether you just want a new remote or are replacing a broken/lost remote, Taiddan is the perfect choice.
Add a little more class to your home and motorcycle with a NEW Taiddan remote.  Your neighbors will think you spent THOUSANDS on an expensive high-tech security system!
The Taiddan remote in this auction is compatible with GENIE® Intellicode and OVERHEAD DOOR® Code Dodger openers manufactured after 1997.
He says that he can get them fo rcraftsman door openers also when I asked

ANOTHER SOLUTION TO THE GARAGE DOOR MOD.

If you already have an extra or go get a spare smaller garage door opener. Take it apart to reveal the circuit board. You will see that the button is soldered to "two" points on the board. Solder speaker wire, one to each point. Run speaker wire to location on bike and add a $1.45 radio shack momentary push button switch and connect speaker wire.

Push new button which closes contact and press $17.00 garage door opener thus opening garage.

FYI.
yeah...if you're the handy-dandy type...and can find a housing for your switch that is asthetically pleasing....and have a spare remote that isn't too large already....

this piece is nice cause it's weather tight...can be placed anywhere (within reason....you cannot strap it to your exhaust) and it's warranted. It also comes with the wire taps to access the lighting source.....but you could also attach it to a blinker if you like....just your preference.

This is a good and Easy one.

Guys Stay away from AMW (American Metal works) out in Ca,
this place is one big joke I have paid for a set of wheels and it is now going on 18 weeks still no wheels. they keep telling me there is a issue with the chrome or the mechince is down so dum, don't even try and do Business with these guys.

Buell footpegs suck. They were a b!tch to mount and one of them broke when I hit a bad@ss pothole. I installed the stock pegs and have been happy since.

The Ghetto intercooled turbo tweaked by Johnnycheese is by far the best mod.

Mad`

Pit tech windscreen, didn't fit and left gaps. Went against my intuition and tried their DB screen hoping it fit better (could tell in the pic it would be a better fit). Fits great and looks good. Sent the first one back for refund. SO no harm done.
Had to deal with Jafrum leather in NY. Horrible experience. Just waiting for a refund and won't ever contact them again.

None!
I have added:

ZG Touring Windscreen
Bagster Tank Cover and Tank Bag
Aluminum Sliders
GenMar Riser
Alu-Rack
Heated Grips
Headlamp and Brakelight Modulators

The worst mod I added to my bike was the new paint job via dropping it in the parking lot
sad.gif
Its free but just looks horrible :p

Frame sliders +1

CB

hell i dont regret doing any thing to my busa garage door opener good idea i allways take mine out my van put in pocket then use and forget to put in van again could be the few beers or memory going the cause also while im here had to put new tyre on after 4000 km notice the brake pads r down whats the best pads to replace with found a rear hugger on ebay i like but they dont send out usa may have to send to friend in states first ive got the bug but hay its only money doent matter what type bike u own u modify and fit bling to suit your self if u cant afford it walk

I regret installing a CHEAPIE "Underglow" neon kit. That did a chernobyl on me, when someone started my bike while the neon was on. Stupid module didn't have a low voltage / surge protection circuit in it.

in responce to "Nitrousjunkie", This is a C+S customs 10" over swingarm, 10.5" RC Compnents marshall rim, 300 Avon Venom tire and there is a complete step by step installation post here on the board somewhere. Im very, VERY happy with the way it came out. it may look "pimped out" but i ride all over new england and this bike gets looks from even hard core Harley bikers. I have about 4,000 miles on the new configuration... so far!! ive only had this '05 since the begaining of last summer, 11,000+ Miles total.

<!--EDIT|Bigger-Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139451406 -->

haya_its_at_the_show2.jpg

You guys got to explain why you didnt like the TRE. Do you guys Drag Race? That is the only reason not to have one..other than that they are a nice mod. WR

Back