What mods for track reliability?

speedzilla

Registered
fellas, i drag race every weekend, but not bikes, never have raced a bike.  don't have one but definitely getting a busa soon, so trying to learn about them as much as I can. no it's not my 1st bike but it will be my first real sport bike.  i will likely be racing the bike a lot at my local track which is 5 min from my house, so I am looking to learn what mods I can do to make my busa hold up over many passes. i don't want to have to dump several grand into it after one season just to replace what i've worn out if it can be avoided.

i plan on extending it 6" and lowering ~1", adding some risers for comfort and i don't know what else???  not too interested in mega horsepower, just maybe exhaust and power commander, maybe change sprockets.  i think that's all i want to do at least the 1st year.  i want to keep it very streetable for some occasional sport touring.  thanks!

<!--EDIT|speedzilla
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152808720 -->

get the brocks clutch mod and HD clutch. That will be the first thing to go. Also buy the best x ring chain you can, my buddy has thrown 7 chains in 10K miles (he rides VERY hard and has a 1396). Which reminds me, get a clutch slave cylinder support bracket.

I'd say, extend it the 6 inches, but SLAM it... If it going to be drag raced alot, keep it slammed. Where in VA are you? I race at East Side Speedway occasionally in waynesboro.

cool, thx. so beefy clutch, good chain, maybe air shifter?

i'm in the blacksburg/radford area. my home track is motor mile down in Radford. i race an 03 lightning pretty much every week down there. i've been by eastside a few times, family in waynesboro, but never raced there, yet.

6" is alot for drags unless you are good . Tire spins very easy . Go 2-4" and talk to Goldenchild here on the board .

6" over, pipe, Power Commander,  clutch mod (wont be faster but will save you $$$), be sure to get a GOOD drag chain (EK-DRZ is about the best), read -How to prep and slam a Busa on Brock Racing's website. Should get you started- After the addiction hits I am SURE you will want more, more, more, ect, ect, ect.

Oh yeah. Don't forget a new tire, like a shrinko 003. If you use the stock Battle Axe be sure to get it extra hot or you will spin.
all_coholic.gif

Im lowered 3, stretched 16 (dont laff), 1 tooth down in the front, 3 up in the rear, pc3, sidewinder pipe, muzzy exhaust cam, APE clutch kit and wet nitrous. I honest to goodness have over 23,000 miles and 300 1/8 mile drag passes on my busa and have never had a problem. Aside from changin oil and tires all too often, I have only replaced my clutches 2 times and had no other problems.

Back