What is this hole for

angry-bird

Registered
Is it to be used to line up left control clamp?

2014-03-29_15-32-58_538.jpg

The hole in the bar is for the location pin on the switch housing.
It makes sure the switch housing is in the correct spot left to right, and rotated to the correct position vertically.
It keeps the switch housing from being able to slide or move in any direction.

Thats what i thought now how do i line it up

The switch housing should have the screws out already, so aside from the attached wiring, it should be in 2 pieces.
Just put the switch housing over the heli-bar and gently try to completely close it.
You can see the plastic pin molded to one of the inside halves(assuming it's not broken off).
Try to line it up by eye and you'll feel it pop into place.
Put the screws back in and it's done.

What is this hole for?

I remember asking that question on my wedding night when I was 14.

Met her at a family reunion. Married two weeks later! Only two of our kids have down syndrome. The other five are republicans! Go Figure :dunno:

All done. Now how do you get more slack in the throttle cable's. I turned the top adjuster by the handlebar but it dident give me enough to change out oem throttle to schnitz short through. I dont know why i would have to serch for the lower adjuster but it looks like i have to.

2014-03-29_17-54-06_874.jpg

2014-03-29_17-54-32_587.jpg

There should be a clamp at the top of the frame near the steering nut that you can modify that will give you another inch or so. I mounted Genmar risers and Heli-bars and my cables have enough room to move from lock to lock on the steering.

Just take the clamp/bracket off. Has a 10mm head on the bolt, holds the throttle cable to the frame.
It serves no real purpose, you can remove it and cause no problems. Put the bolt back in and you'll never notice it.
As Sous said, it's on the throttle side, near the steering neck on the frame.

All done. Now how do you get more slack in the throttle cable's. I turned the top adjuster by the handlebar but it dident give me enough to change out oem throttle to schnitz short through. I dont know why i would have to serch for the lower adjuster but it looks like i have to.

If I am understanding you correctly you are trying to adjust the amount of slack in the throttle cable assembly to the throttle (twisting the throttle) right? The other end of the adjustment is at the throttle bodies. If you raise the tank up and support it, under the left side fairing you will see where the two cables attach. I can't remember right now because it's been a while but you may have to take the left fairing off or at least loosen the top part that's the flat black rough surface.

are you talking the 4 bolts in the handlebar plate with the big S suzuki tag. And than buy 4 new 1" taller shims and bring the handlebar plate up 1". If so where do i get them and how much.

are you talking the 4 bolts in the handlebar plate with the big S suzuki tag. And than buy 4 new 1" taller shims and bring the handlebar plate up 1". If so where do i get them and how much.

In my pics I'm talking about the one bolt that holds the bracket which holds the throttle cables against the frame.
See it? Just get rid of the bracket and put the bolt back in, that'll give you more slack in the throttle cables.

As for the risers, they where made on the lathe out of a piece of stainless steel. The pic with just the spacers, the spacers are 1.5" tall.
The pic with the spacers and heli-bars, the spacers are cut down to .75"
.75" is as tall as the spacers can be when combined with heli-bars. Otherwise the stock clutch/brake lines are too short, and more importantly, the bars will hit the inside of the windshield.

I have everything installed and working good. The reson i needed more throttle cable was to take the throttle apart and swap the short throw in but i couldent get the cable to come out of its catch and i tried losening the throtle play adjustment and it wasent enough. so i will have to go down by the engine and get more play. Im going to see ryan schnizt in a few weeks so i will just let him install it. Where can i get .75 shims at and how much. May be i could re-do the 1" to .75 I would rather just buy .75 if someone has them.

I have been traveling for work and apologize for not answering your question sooner. Sixpack577 has pretty much summed up what I was talking about though and you should be good to go, enjoy the ride.

Back