What is the highest hp anyone has seen with 1300cc's

I had it built and tuned by Steve Knecum of Knecum performance. I also have another maps installed for nitrous and that makes 225 HP. When I asked about the result Steve told me that his Dyno is very stingy and usually hurts guys feelings :laugh:

He said typically a Gen1 will make about 162HP on his dyno with the typical mods(air filter, box mod, pair removal) and full pipe. When mine was dyno'd you can see on the bottom of the sheet it was very hot & humid conditions. He told me that had it been cooler it would've read 5HP higher. He said that's a trick a lot of shops do or they only advertise results from bikes they dyno'd in the fall when it's cooler to show higher results. A Lot of the bikes he dyno'd came in 10HP less than what other shops results were from "Happy Dyno's" as he put it.....

It was good to get the real scoop from a pro like Steve. He just didn't hand me a sheet and say here ya go! He sat down with me and told me what my bike made and why. Typically he said to expect 8-10HP from a good P&P and I probably got around 5HP fro my Yosh cams but there's no guaranteed recipe for HP. He said you can take 2 stock engines and put the same ported head on it and 1 can make 10hp and the other only make 7hp! So after all that was said and done I gained roughly 20HP from the build. On another dyno it could say more but I know it will make this power day in and day out. Puts me pretty much where I wanted to be. A Lot of the new bikes are claiming 200HP but that's rated @ the crank not power to the wheel which means that they are making the same power as me not including the 45 shot of nitrous :whistle:

From your good explanation of what it took to get 20 extra hp it seems to me nitrous is the fastest way to have some push button fun!

Yeah I didn't really know until I did this build. You read a lot of stuff and assume this and that but Steve really educated me on the process and what all goes in2 it and the typical results there of. If I went with a big bore (1397) I would've been sitting @ around 200HP but I wanted 2 stay stock bore and just reinforce it as best as I could so I could run nitrous with no worries. This leaves me with options for the future.... if I get bored with it I can always upgrade to a big bore or I could go the turbo route since I still have my stock bore cylinder. Who knows? I've been @ it for a while with this busa. I just want 2 enjoy riding it 4 a while!

I view dyno's like micrometers. You can pretty much make them read what you want.
By doing certain "tricks" you can show a good increase in hp. Usually the shop that sells, installs and tunes a PC on a stock bike that gives a 5-10 hp bump is one that is bending the rules.
Depending on how your bike chassis is trimmed out makes a big difference. Ready to go to Mojave with MR12, ceramic wheel bearings, DR2 chain, 0wt. oil, 42 lbs. of air in the tire my 1340 puts down 219 hp. Street ridden with pump gas, stock wheels, o-ring chain, 15-40 oil, 32 lbs in the tire, I'm about 208 hp.
A good tuner will let you know what the variables are and how they deal with them to give consistent results.

Back