What is the highest hp anyone has seen with 1300cc's

Speedfreak391

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking to find out what kind of #'s have been made with stock bore and stroke? With my last busa that was an 04 with an ackro full system, pc3 usb, TRE, Intake cam swap degreed , and gutted air box, it made 174.1 hp and 102lb/ft of torque. Now this was without ever taking the head off.
I am not a drag racer, I am a road racer so this needs to be usable power.
Now I have a 2000 that has a yosh full system, and a k&n. I do have an intake cam to put in the exhaust side. Or is there a better set of cams out there for ride-ability?
Would I be better of getting a power commander, or, should I just buy a newer ecu and harness and get ecu editor.
What will I gain with taking .020-.040 out of the head, and how much will I gain with a good port job. CNC is not out of the question, winter is coming anyway in 3-4 months.
I guess my question is, if I got 174 out of my last one without much, is it possible to get 200hp out of a stock bore and stroke 1300? ???

you need to change the crank to an 08 do cams up compression a little and also will need port polish. i dunno if that will get ya 200 even though.....

Well now that wouldn't really be worth the money then would it? I think there is 200 hp in the gen 1 motor. But from what I have seen nobody looks for it. That is the point of this post. What most people do is throw parts at it before investigating what they already have. Yes, I could put a stroker crank in there, yes I could put bigger pistons in there. But that is not what I want to do.
I want to stick to stock bore and stroke. Yes the compression is going up, but the bore will stay the same.
I thought there would have been more help on here. I know there are a lot of really good engine builders on this forum. :1zhelp: I am only looking for some pointers to send me in the right direction.

WoW haven't been able to find 1 Hayabusa with the stock bore making 200hp :down:

Maybe it hasn't been done :dunno: Stock Busa on average makes me 160 hp ??? Seen people get 8 - 12 hp from after market exhaust. So you end up trying to find around 30 hp from somewhere else ??? Head work porting and polishing? Increase compression ?

Perhaps no one has bothered to do it that way :dunno: I couldn't find any info for ya with google! Good luck :thumbsup: You could be the first to try it :dunno:

WoW haven't been able to find 1 Hayabusa with the stock bore making 200hp :down:

Maybe it hasn't been done :dunno: Stock Busa on average makes me 160 hp ??? Seen people get 8 - 12 hp from after market exhaust. So you end up trying to find around 30 hp from somewhere else ??? Head work porting and polishing? Increase compression ?

Perhaps no one has bothered to do it that way :dunno: I couldn't find any info for ya with google! Good luck :thumbsup: You could be the first to try it :dunno:

We, did an '02 LE a few years back that had only 400 miles on the stock motor when it came in. The customer did not want to change the pistons because of the low mileage. We ported the head, did some drop in cams, and pulled the base gasket for more squeeze. A small box mod, a Ti Force Sumo, and a good custom dyno tune got us to 197 SAE and 201 STD. It is still out there running on 87 octane all day . . .:laugh:

THANK YOU
i think i should thank you very much for you can waste lot of time to write this post .....
thank you again for your sharing..

Thats a nice a first post and may I say welcome to the forum and good bye in case you are not here next time I log in , will an Admin please loan me their ban hammer for just a minute or two :poke: :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't read your entire post but changing to higher compression pistons and changing out the cams is suppose to net you 200+ RWHP. Not sure if an exhaust system was a part of that equation, but the factory header has always been an issue.

Paulcav on here just wrote an article for dragbike.com. They got 190hp with ported head, intake cam on exhaust side, PC3, and a brock pipe. I imagine with a set of 13:1 pistons and a .380 lift intake cam someone could hit 200.

I am told a good dyno tune with ECU unleashed will get close to 200hp.There is a lot to untap in the ecu from what I have been told by my tuner.All the other mods would be nice as well.

The stock Gen 2 Hayabusa is capable of hitting 201 with a Brock's Performance exhaust, air box mod and a PC3 with a dyno tune. A Gen 1 can probably hit 200 with stock internals and race gas. In the article I wrote Brian Livengood got a Gen1 to 191 on pump gas with an intake cam mod, air box mod a PC3an Akropovic exhaust and a tune. (With the PAIR valve on, this is worth 2 hp.) If the bike had a Brocks Performance exhaust and MR12 we think 200 is possible. It should be mentioned this bike still has all the stock internals with no performance pistons, rods or transmission.

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Gen 1 Hayabusa Build: Part 2 ::

The stock Gen 2 Hayabusa is capable of hitting 201 with a Brock's Performance exhaust, air box mod and a PC3 with a dyno tune. A Gen 1 can probably hit 200 with stock internals and race gas. In the article I wrote Brian Livengood got a Gen1 to 191 on pump gas with an intake cam mod, air box mod a PC3an Akropovic exhaust and a tune. (With the PAIR valve on, this is worth 2 hp.) If the bike had a Brocks Performance exhaust and MR12 we think 200 is possible. It should be mentioned this bike still has all the stock internals with no performance pistons, rods or transmission.

how do you do an airbox mod on a gen2?

i think the main reason no one TRIES to reach 200hp NA (unless competing in a specific class) is because for about the same money, you could put a turbo on it and call it a day. even mild boost will get you well over 200. no worries about which octane fuel to run, clearances or anything like that.
i think what you will spend trying to reach that on a naturally aspirated engine will run you well over what a turbo + installation and tune will cost.

im going to try to hit the 200hp mark with stock bore and stroke, simply because i have half the parts already installed. i have ecuhack, a murray sidewinder, no air box (so thats modded, right?) and have am having a local performance shop port my head for $400. not expecting a crazy port job obviously just want it cleaned up. going to swap the intake cam to exhaust side, a .380 lift intake cam, possibly 13:1 drop in pistons, and tuned on e98 ethanol. i think it will hit 210hp.
Head-$400
IN Cam-$350
Exhaust Cam-Free
Cam Sprockets-$140
Pistons-$550 (add $400 for 1430cc kit)

So for $900 i will be very close to 200hp on gas, probably over it on alky. Another $550 for the high compression pistons, not sure how much that will add, but at that point why not go 1430 (granted this isnt the discussion, but still think you can hit over 200hp for less then a turbo set up). so for $1850 and1430 i would guess 215hp.

There is no doubt you can hit 200 for less than a turbo. Trust me on that, I have only written 20 articles documenting my trials and tribulations with a turbo. I have close to 22K in my engine over the course of 5 years.

I do not understand your comment on the exhaust cam as far as swapping it to the intake side. Just put two intake cams in the bike. Throw the exhaust cam in the trash or use it as a paper weight.

I can tell you a 400.00 porting job is subject to question. I spent 1,500.00 on mine 3 years ago. If you want reliable horsepower spend the money and get it done by the big guys. If you don't you will be in the engine more than you think.

Just speaking from experience.

It can be done with a GOOD head.My bike was a built stock bore @ 1 time with ALL tha goodies,MR-12,small cams,and like i said....a GOOD head.It was swb too,and an ANIMAL!

Back