What is the highest hp anyone has seen with 1300cc's

i think the main reason no one TRIES to reach 200hp NA (unless competing in a specific class) is because for about the same money, you could put a turbo on it and call it a day. even mild boost will get you well over 200. no worries about which octane fuel to run, clearances or anything like that.
i think what you will spend trying to reach that on a naturally aspirated engine will run you well over what a turbo + installation and tune will cost.

It's been years but you could drop high compression pistons and new cams in for less than 2K and get 200+ RWHP on a Gen I. The bare min on adding a stage 1 turbo is around 6K, but typically gets you 30 to 40 more ponies.

Great God, a 300 shot :rofl:

Actually was more than that. The motor built to handle that was only 8.1comp so needless to say it made less then stock hp. But boy oh boy when the juice started coming in it went wild!! And Ive been running this motor for almost 2 years 2 full seasons of racing nearly every weekend and it hasnt skipped a beat yet. It's a monster drag bike thats almost impossible to handle in the 1/8 and on a 1/4 mile track the back half is absolutley rediculous.

this is the story I was thinking about . 191 is all they got out of a 1300. I haven't seen better

The stock Gen 2 Hayabusa is capable of hitting 201 with a Brock's Performance exhaust, air box mod and a PC3 with a dyno tune. A Gen 1 can probably hit 200 with stock internals and race gas. In the article I wrote Brian Livengood got a Gen1 to 191 on pump gas with an intake cam mod, air box mod a PC3an Akropovic exhaust and a tune. (With the PAIR valve on, this is worth 2 hp.) If the bike had a Brocks Performance exhaust and MR12 we think 200 is possible. It should be mentioned this bike still has all the stock internals with no performance pistons, rods or transmission.

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Gen 1 Hayabusa Build: Part 2 ::

:: DRAGBIKE.COM :: DRAGBIKE MAGAZINE :: Gen 1 Hayabusa Build: Part 2 ::

It can be done with a GOOD head.My bike was a built stock bore @ 1 time with ALL tha goodies,MR-12,small cams,and like i said....a GOOD head.It was swb too,and an ANIMAL!

Baby 1397 now,still SWB with stock arm that is,Oem H/C w/Drag Pack...214 to tha tire on pump gas.Thanks to Steve Knecum,Chuck Wilburn,Wards Performance,Chuck@ Rc's Performance,Dewayne @ Cycle Concepts,DME Racing.:thumbsup:

I am told a good dyno tune with ECU unleashed will get close to 200hp.There is a lot to untap in the ecu from what I have been told by my tuner.All the other mods would be nice as well.
This is an old thread but the 2000 was unrestricted like the 1999 Busa. It would be interesting to hear what the ECU editing would do for one of these bikes. Obviously any tune might or would improve a bike.

I plan on building a motor over the winter looking for around 190 to 200 horse all motor,was planning J.E 13.5 to 1,.380 plus lift web on intake and stock intake on exhaust,and a rcs performance ported head,since I only street ride 20 miles a week it can be a hot stock bore,anybody tried this combo

yes it can be done aussie build 1340 217 hp to the tyre 60 hp with 40cc .
times till now 9.019 & 159.14 only rode the bike 5 times.
aus fastest reg street bike stock bore 1340 on pump fuel.swb ,& gearing.

I'm talk in bout my Busa :laugh:

Recently my busa has taken a little road trip and wound up @ Steve Knecum's shop.......

She's getting a makeover so 2 speak :whistle:

Beamers, 14's, and pretty much anything on 2 wheels with a license plate are put on notice...:rulez:

:hide:

The guy who started this thread said he was a road racer. For me, I would get reasonable power and spend the rest on suspension and making the bike lighter.

Old thread but I have to ask.... What happened when it all come back together ?

I was wondering the same thing. I checked and the OP's last post was over 2 years ago.

Makes me wonder if someone's post goes cold - did they die? We probably have no way of knowing.
Yes it could be they just lost interest or found a different interest to take up their time. ???

Strange thought is, I wonder if we should leave a note in our will's with our user name and password
with instructions on how to post a new topic, so that a survivor could notify the forums we are members of?

I was wondering the same thing. I checked and the OP's last post was over 2 years ago.

Makes me wonder if someone's post goes cold - did they die? We probably have no way of knowing.
Yes it could be they just lost interest or found a different interest to take up their time. ???

Strange thought is, I wonder if we should leave a note in our will's with our user name and password
with instructions on how to post a new topic, so that a survivor could notify the forums we are members of?

Well... there is a idea... how to make it happen takes some creative genious... maybe a registry that links people for follow up reminders to relatives when someone departs... just thinking.

Back to power from 1299 cc.

Here is what I heard from a guy named King whom I met at the NHRA World Finals recently. ( I have his contact info ) He said forget the big bore stuff unless you want to spend more money.

Port the head, drop in a intake cam, and tune it with a good pipe... he liked my Yosh 4 into 1 as an example. He said for drag racing the $2500 clutch setup is the way to go.

He said 8.70s are being run with this formula. I am sure their is more but those were the basic factors. The weight and mph will calculate the horsepower on 1/4 runs.

Search Procrasination racing... they have a hp calcuator there. It is designed for cars but could give you an idea if you have the weight and mph from the 1/4 mile as I mentioned before.

Displacement has no replacement until forced induction is applied, or an oxidizer like nitrous.

Here's what was done to mine and the dyno results

Carpenter Racing port & polish etc.
CP piston 12:8:1
Millennium Nickel Plated cylinders
Carrillo Rods
Yoshimura Stage 1 racing cams

Honda S2000 fuel injectors (cleaned and flow matched)
Bosch 69420 internal fuel pump
Billet fuel rail

Pair valve removal
Air box mod
Pipercross Air filter
Shorty air stacks

Ti-Force 4-2-1 titanium full exhaust

DynoResults0001_zps4d105d40.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back