What is the best tire?

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Guys,
Just wanted to get some input on what is the best tire out there in your opinions. Seriously considering the Pirelli Diablo Corsa for both ends. Thanks in advance.

Don

i just put on a batlax BT014. i have @400 miles on it, and cant get enough. i havent tried lots of tires, but i sure like this one, and it's cheap!

How many responses do you want? Tires and oils will produce dozens of different answers. For tires, Milage, grip, is an inverse relationship. As one goes up, the other goes down and vice versa. And then you have cost to consider.

Corsa's are good tires, grippy, but will provide lower milage results.

Dunlop D208's, people swear by them. Metzler M-1 Sportec, are also great. A bit long in the tooth in terms of new tire on the market, but hey, the new BMW is shod with them.

Ok, so here is my opinion:
I have 25K on my 02 SE, I have had the BT56, D208's and M-1's. All had thier good points. For now my taste is on the M-1's. They have a bit more feel for me than the D208's and BT56. The M-1's return less milage than the D208 an BT56.

Avon, Dunlap, Pirelli, Metzler, Bridgstone, all will work. It's just what you want.

Stealth

Stealth,

Thanx for the response and good point. I guess the better question for me to have asked is "Are there any tires you guys would recommend staying away from". Dealer says the 208, but I have Pirellis on my '03 Cobra and like them a lot. I will probably make these last 'till I store her for winter and put on new shoes for the spring. Thanks

Don

Well I just switched to Metzler Sportec M-1's and I gotta say I am really pleased. Very good feedback, Very composed, very grippy...

I got 3000 miles on a set of Avon ST45/46 and am very pleased. They aren't showing much wear yet. I'm guessing I can probably get close to 6000 miles out of the rear. I am not a track guy, but, I do get on it pretty much and I scrape a peg from time to time. I would get them again.

Wow! Perfect timing for this thread. I came back from an early morning ride and two hours later I check the driveway and notice a pancake flat rear. Time for new rubber. Thanks for the info.

I've been running Dunlop D208's, two sets, and have a lot of confidence in them. So of course I just ordered Metzler M1 P's. I just had to have tires expressly made for the Hayabusa. They're supposed to come this week and I should have them on by the weekend. I'll check in with a comparison later.

Oh and as a Bruce counterpoint? I have Heard from Raider that the D208's kinda Blow Chunks...
laugh.gif

One thing I will say about the M-1's I just put on, is that they are hugely confidence insipring, but more "Feely" that the Bridgstones ever were...

Though according to the media the new 014's from Bridgestone are supposed to be good stuff.

Back