What is the best mods for the busa?

TKTM8KR

Registered
What is the best mods for the busa best bang for the buck? HID, pegs, lowering power commander ect.

For show and for go.

What do you want to do with it? Carve Canyon's, straight line, top speed, cruising, show? Lots of really cool things you can do for a little bit of cash...but need to know your goals with the bike. If you posted this in another thread, I apologize for asking, but would help the members here in better helping answer your question.
cool.gif

Get rid of the mud flap and the reflectors first thing. Kickstand mod is a must. Take my word for it and do it before you learn the hard way like I did. Take off the mfg. stickers also.

good reading here:  

and lots more here:  

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142836637 -->

What do you want to do with it? Carve Canyon's, straight line, top speed, cruising, show? Lots of really cool things you can do for a little bit of cash...but need to know your goals with the bike. If you posted this in another thread, I apologize for asking, but would help the members here in better helping answer your question.
cool.gif
Carves, top speed and cruising. I have seen a lot of nice stuff like torbin seat, blue gauges ect. for good looks also want to and some top end speed to it.

cool.gif
Carves, top speed and cruising. I have seen a lot of nice stuff like torbin seat, blue gauges ect. for good looks also want to and some top end speed to it.
Some say that adding a TRE adds top end speed. I still don't know what a TRE is
rock.gif

buell pegs , reaper risers, ST ZERO G windsereen, gear indicator. and far as a tre just plant a tree at least you will bear fruit:D

cool.gif
Some say that adding a TRE adds top end speed.  I still don't know what a TRE is
rock.gif
A TRE removes the factory 186mph indicated restriction.

If you ride in the rain, KEEP the mud flap
eek2.gif
. That is unless you enjoy cleaning mud and road junk
eyes.gif
off the back of your Jacket and Butt
laugh.gif

Some cheep mods you will want are a tank pad or bra, better gel type grips,double bubble windshield.

Carves, top speed and cruising
Since your buying a new bike, and paying cash (Smart man) - here is what I would do.

Top speed - well Busa is already a champ in stock form. Quite honestly I would say forget the TRE...read about fuel maps and you will see why. Also If about a TRUE 170 mph is good enough for you I would swap out the rear sprocket for a 42 tooth (40 is stock) - You will get to your top end much quicker than stock sprocket and only drop a few mph on a bone stock bike. If you want more speed, than you will pay for that---HP is not cheap. And I would than suggest a Full race exhaust of your choice, pc3 usb, dyno time for new map, and small airbox mod....should be about $1500.00 to $2000.00 depending on what you decide on. From there maybe some cams, or a 40 shot of nitrous. And after that you start spending alot more than what you spent on the bike for a turbo that is done right or a big-bore with a NOS wet system.

Carves - here you can spen just a little and get alot. Get +1 rising links for the rear, get a better set of tires (Micelin, Dunlop, Metx, Per) - maybe swap the rear 190 for a 180 - (Tires about $230 - $270). Once again a 42T rear sprocket..steel if you planning on being hard on the bike or lots of HP, or ALum if your not putting down a lot of extra power...this is my opinion and other will have their opinion. Upgrade your stock brake pads to EBC HH, and than maybe convert all your lines to SS including the clutch (New lines and pad about $200.00). Play with tire pressure, use Jinkstes suspension settings as a base than dial it in for what you like and how you ride(free). Start to lighten your bike - take the weights off the pegs, modify undertail...maybe some carbon fiber. And new lighter wheels which reduce weight and make the bike more managable ($900.00 to over 3K)

Cruising - Vic does awesom Powdercoating on this board (look him up for any color or texture) New windscreen ($60.00 to $175.00) undertail ( from cheap to about $300.00 depending on brand and LED setup) And the list goes on from there...almost anything you can think of can be done.

Since the Busa is new to you, I would ride it stock for awhile and see what you think needs improving. Everyone has a different opinion on what needs to be or should be modified...but you have to be comfortable and secure on the bike...not the other guy from the net.

HID is almost a must...we had a group buy on them sometime ago for about $100.00 a unit, now I think they range in price from about $150.00 to over $200.00 - but well worth the cash. Icemann sells Yellow High Beam bulbs and is a great cheap mod. Attracts attention, and cuts through fog, and looks great with or without HID (Less than $45.00). Maybe after break in change your oil to full synth, and maybe a better aftermarket chain that wont stretch all the time and be much safer than stock chain.

ohh...a few more things
Rpm9001 makes fairing screens - very nice and under $50.00 I think. Pazzo levers make a huge difference (short or long about $170.00) - JohnnyCheese can modify your GPS so you can use more than 1 gear mapping unlike the TRE...under $150.00, and also removes speed restrictor.

My signature "Gretchen" is a link to my website and list of current mods. If ya have a question about price, or how I like the mod drop me a pm and would be more than happy to share my experience with you.

John

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142819173 -->

Back