whats the best Helmet

dgmontoya

Registered
i am curious as to what everyone out there thinks is the best helmet. i am talking like CNET editors choice. the best all around helmet for weight, wind, shape, PRICE etc. this is an opinion thread and i am not looking for the best because a racer uses it. i am just curious what you guys think what the best bang for the buck helmet is?

And I been hearing that the new Shoie's have been greatly improved since the days (late 80's) I used one.

the one that fits correctly...
whistling.gif

I do not think there is one helmet that is the BEST it is all about comfort on your head and what fits you the best and what you can afford. Myself I the the Scorpion line of helmets very reasonable in price good comfort. Not to mention as long as it says DOT Approved or has a Snell rating it is ok in my book
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

True, with all of our differently shaped heads, it's hard to say which is best for you. I love my Shoei RF1000, but I have a large brain LOL

I have a KBC Force RR. Its comfy, not very loud, and vents pretty good. Retails for $159.95-$189.95, but I bought my Force RR TopGun for about $150.

(I think , Arai RX7 Corsair is the finest full face helmet in its class)

03-54.jpg

06-22.jpg

04-46.jpg

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

i like the "feel" of the cushioning on my RX-7 Corsair, 3, count 'em 3 different densities of cushioning to absorb impact.

i don't like how i have to remove the liner off the cheek pads.

i like how on the Shoei you wash the whole pad, liner is not removable from cheek pads on Shoei x-11, which is kinda convenient.

both are close but if i had to pick one i'd go with the RX-7 Corsair. these have been my only two "high end" lids. i had a exo 700 which has nice build quality but heavy.

Back