What is a good slip on exhaust system that will not kill my wallet. 2012 busa

Bigwillystyle

Registered
Hello Busa Family

I bought a new 2012 busa in the fall. Took the classes and love my bike. I was starting to get use to it and the sound, But i really didnt like the exhaust on it. I tore my ACL in the summer of 2013 so its been in the garage getting started and i run it for 5 minutes then shut it off. I'm 100% now and have slowly started riding again. What's a good dual exhaust system ( slip on). I was told full system is a waste. I listen on youtube and hit the bike nights here in town and look at tails ( :laugh:) I like two brothers black series and the R77 yoshimura is nice as well. Any others thanks.

Umm you were told wrong..... it's more like the other way around :whistle:

The price you pay 4 most brand name slip-on exhausts isn't that much of a difference vs a full.... @ least with the full you reduce weight/restriction and gain more HP than a slip-on so that doesn't sound like a waste 2 me IMO

Agreed, I prefer the look of one can and appreciate the benefits of less weight and increased performance. Your wallet and taste may be different.
Congrats on the bike! Baby that injury and ride safe!:beerchug:

Got these oval Yoshi's from Goldenchild , wasnt after more hp, just wanted to get rid of those oem uglies...

20141003_162506.jpg

20141003_162517.jpg

If you are persistent you can find "as new" slip-ons on Craigslist. I picked up some full fiber r-77 cans for $500, not a scratch on them. I missed the first set that went for $450. I don't really need the performance or weight savings yet. The bike is fine for me. I just wanted to audibly more visible to cars around me and get rid of the huge stock cans.

If you are persistent you can find used Full exhausts 4 sale on here from other forum members for about the same price and on ebay :whistle:

i have the 2bros black series and like them. but i ended up painting them black and removing half the inside packing to make them louder. they arnt very loud either way but have a nice tone. ud like them. also check ebay for Jardine. they are cheaply had right now and nice if u want to budget

10445920_10154205911180246_6810730313005931456_n_zps11f183cf.jpg

I have a single side full system from M4 w stainless can in nice shape for half price of new.

This is my '05. It is bone stock. I want to put Gen 2 Yoshi R77 cans on it. I just want the look & noise. Can anybody tell me if they will bolt on? If not, what other mods will I have to make to get them on? Thanks brothers and keep 'em upright!:thumbsup:

SANY3401.jpg

This is my '05. It is bone stock. I want to put Gen 2 Yoshi R77 cans on it. I just want the look & noise. Can anybody tell me if they will bolt on? If not, what other mods will I have to make to get them on? Thanks brothers and keep 'em upright!:thumbsup:
Gen2 slip ons will not fit a gen1 directly. The size of the pipe where it slips onto the main header is different.

I have Vance and Hines CSOne dual slip ons, bought them because they looked closest to stock (the black ones). Bought 'em for $500. Sound pretty good for just slipons, but just added the V&H Header, and it sounds much meaner.
VHM42515.jpg

The best part with v&h header is that you can run any yoshimura slipons, since I run the R-22's and R-77's pulse every now and then I can also run the hotbodies shorties... Just because I like the dual cans with the fugly genII tail...

Exhausts are like tires, the type of riding you do differs slightly from person to person as does the conditions you ride in, and what noses sound pleasurable rather than irritating. Take your time and find one you like, and then find the best price for the product you can.

From time to time I take off my can and install a modified straight pipe to irritate harley riders, but eventually the noise gets old.

-D

Back