What Is A Good Offer To Make For A Gen 2 2008 'busa?

peregrinerider

Registered
Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and decided to join because I am looking to soon become an owner of one of these amazing machines! I currently ride an '07 GSX-R 600 coming up on two years. I have been looking for my next bike and am aiming towards a gen 2 hayabusa. It seems like the best place to look for me right now is locally and/or craigslist. I happened to find a 2008 blaze orange model with approximately 10,250 miles on her. I know it is coming up on 10 years old, but it seems like this was the only year with that color. It appears to be in great condition. I've included some pictures as well. I have yet to see it in person, however.

Anyway, the owner is asking $8,000.00. I wanted to know what a good offer would be in cash. This is because I have seen much newer busa's only selling for a few thousand more. I am not trying to be a lowballer here, please understand that. Just given the assumed condition of the bike (also assuming the title is clean and that it is in the owner's name with no lienholders of course, not stolen, etc.). What do y'all think?
upload_2017-10-14_22-27-54.png

upload_2017-10-14_22-28-11.png

upload_2017-10-14_22-28-28.png
upload_2017-10-14_22-28-42.png

upload_2017-10-14_22-29-0.png

upload_2017-10-14_22-27-33.png

upload_2017-10-14_22-28-57.png

Paid under 8k cash for an 09 with 3500 miles. Full yoshi exhaust (factory included), pc5, chrome wheels, full hid kit, led switch backs front and rear, all clear lenses, grab bar, two humps (one notched out for grab bar..one not) Not a scratch on it. I believe I got a great deal as the original owner was wanting a cruiser for him and his wife. That said, there out there.
20170902_084346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine looks just like the above white one and I only paid 7500 with a swingarm and full brocks exhaust and pc3 came with the bike. But your local area and saturation of Busas around there may also affect the price.

Cool! Yeah I'm only curious. I'm considering selling mine before I make the plunge to purchase one of these since I won't have a need for a 600 anymore (I don't track it, just ride a lot--mostly highway).

Paid $6,000 for mine this year. 2009 with 2,000 km and stock everything but needs one fairing repainted from a drop.
Wow that's really good! Do you think $6,000 cash is a reasonable offer for the one I am looking to purchase (the orange '08)?

Way Way Way too much for an 08 Busa!

IMO that bikes about $1500 too steep. Hell for a couple more dollars you can get a 2013+ that comes with Brembo front calipers

Also something to consider..... if your financing this bike you wanna get the newest year possible because the older the bike the higher the interest rate is gonna be

IMO that bikes about $1500 too steep. Hell for a couple more dollars you can get a 2013+ that comes with Brembo front calipers

Also something to consider..... if your financing this bike you wanna get the newest year possible because the older the bike the higher the interest rate is gonna be

Thanks for the advice. That makes sense...since a newer model won't have as many claims as an older model.

By the way, if I were to make an offer on that '08, what ballpark number do you think I should start with? Again, I don't want to lowball, I'm just asking for opinions!

And I plan on paying cash for this bike so I figured that will hopefully lower the asking price.

Wow that's really good! Do you think $6,000 cash is a reasonable offer for the one I am looking to purchase (the orange '08)?
6k was a really good price. Guy was moving to the other side of the country so I showed up the day before he left with a stack of hundreds so I had bargaining power that wasn't exactly normal. I think in my area that bike would normally sell for 7 to 7,500 but that being said I could have bought a blue and black with 6k on it for between $6,500 and $7,000. That one was all factory as well. All the rest I looked at were priced higher.

I paid 6g for my 09 2 years ago. Had full akro exhaust. You can find good deals and now fall is here and Christmas is around the corner that’s when you find those great deals. I’m with most I would be around 6 prob wouldn’t go more than 6,500 only because it is one of the best colors.

Alot depends opn your zip code. Here in iowa, an 08 with 10k miles would fetch 6500 on a decent day. Wait till winter around here and forget it. I would say a warmer climate year round or close to it riding season may fetch 7 to 7250 but expect it to be a hard sale. These big girls just dont hold value too well.

Alot depends opn your zip code. Here in iowa, an 08 with 10k miles would fetch 6500 on a decent day. Wait till winter around here and forget it. I would say a warmer climate year round or close to it riding season may fetch 7 to 7250 but expect it to be a hard sale. These big girls just dont hold value too well.
Hi all. A dealer in ma has a 2012 for less than $7900.00! I am thinking about it for me while I build my LSR bike.

Nice! Well winter surely is approaching...;)

Back