What ET with shortbike and only motor

B-12

Registered
Im only looking for numbers ,for my motivation :drool:

What can be reached with a short GENI with stock motor :poke:. My wallets are empty ,but i wanna go faster ,and only want to know were the limits are. (Not for pro-pilots)
Stock engine means a good basic tuning with outer mods ,maybe cams ,but no bore or turbo .
about 170-180 rwp can be reached this way and I am a jockey ??? with about 175lbs. My mods until today are in my signature

What did you run ????

Last edited:
sheeesh those are some conditions :laugh:
As long as you're able to improve your times from event to event you're heading in the rigt direction. :thumbsup: Get your 60 down and don't worry about anyone else.

There are a lot of variables that can be twisted.

I went high nines, stock wheelbase, foot shifting @ 1000’ altitude. Lowered with a pipe, tuning, gearing, clutch mod and a good tire. I weighed 235-240 at the time. You should be able to run 9.6-9.8 with a similar combo and some seat time. It took me a while to get there but you might learn faster than I did.

170-180 hp will take more than what I would consider basic mods or a very happy dyno with a generation 1 bike.

There are a lot of variables that can be twisted.

I went high nines, stock wheelbase, foot shifting @ 1000’ altitude. Lowered with a pipe, tuning, gearing, clutch mod and a good tire. I weighed 235-240 at the time. You should be able to run 9.6-9.8 with a similar combo and some seat time. It took me a while to get there but you might learn faster than I did.

170-180 hp will take more than what I would consider basic mods or a very happy dyno with a generation 1 bike.

Hi Prof

i readed your thread ,how you started and the history of your mods ,and your gains in racing :clap:
Thats a helpfull and thrilling story.

its a great report , and i took many advices from it :thumbsup:

The Professor in action on his way to winning the championship...many many hours later...:laugh:

DSCN3348.jpg

DSCN3349.jpg

DSCN3423.jpg

Thanks B-12! I’m glad it was something you could use and appreciate the feedback.
It has been a while since I’ve been to the dragstrip, but I’m hoping to get to a Road Race course for a track day in September. Hopefully Dennis will be there to tell me how to make a few corners!

I'm likely going this Friday for the first time. (went a couple of times on an F4i, but launching this will be much different) Shortbike, full Hindle, chain and sprocket and that's it so we'll see how it goes. I'd be REALLY happy with a 9xx, being a '99. (though I only weight about 150 so we'll see)

If you are 150-175lbs. you should be going 9.4-9.5 pretty easy with those mods (that of course is a prepped track with good weather conditions and low elevation). 9's should be easy, how low is going to depend on your riding ability... :beerchug:

**** i have an 02 with Devil Exhaust,Air Box Mod,16/42 Sprockets,stock engine and swingarm i did 10.43@138mh reaction 0.260 and a 1.875 60ft i need to get a better reaction and 60ft but a 9.5 i'd luv to get that but its really hard to keep down :thumbsup:

!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction time has no affect on your ET... :whistle:

What do your 330' times look like?

That will tell you if you are getting a great launch and going wide open throttle early. The 60' isn't everything depending on your weight, wheelbase, etc...the 330' can be more key... ;)

Again some better starting

Was at the track again. :cheerleader:
Getting my 60s down..........10th by 10th........

And there she was...........

My 9
and not a lucky one ,i could do it 8 times in 15 runs:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
sortet my timeslips and hit 5 times exactly same topspeed in a range of .06 seconds
very good and fast track (airfield with good grip)

URL]

Last edited:
Seat time and listening to some good advice on here is going to equate to lower ETs. I was recently looking over some old threads and came across one where I had posted trying to run faster than 6.6 in the 1/8th, lol. That was almost exactly 3 years ago with a 15 month deployment to Iraq in between. Guys like the Professor and Got Busa were there posting the same tips that have helped me now run better times now than some guys on nitrous. I have dropped into the 5's since then without touching the motor, clutch, etc....Good luck

Last edited:
Seat time and listening to some good advice on here is going to equate to lower ETs. I was recently looking over some old threads and came across one where I had posted trying to run faster than 6.6 in the 1/8th, lol. That was almost exactly 3 years ago with a 15 month deployment to Iraq in between. Guys like the Professor and Got Busa were there posting the same tips that have helped me now run better times now than some guys on nitrous. I have dropped into the 5's since then without touching the motor, clutch, etc....Good luck

Thats what i did
the professor story is great :thumbsup:and Got-Busa and other more experienced are always nice and gentle :clap:encouraging newbys like us ,with advice .

Thanks guys :beerchug:

hope my english is not too bad

Congrats! :thumbsup:

I knew you would do it, it just takes a little practice... :laugh:

I always like to help others go fast and get new people out. It's frustrating when you are starting and no one will help. I try to make sure that doesn't happen when I get to a race/event... :beerchug:

Back