What does "banned" mean

Mythos

Registered
I tried PMing a member and noticed his avatar had the word "banned" under it. Is this a joke or is the guy really nixed?

I've seen some jokes with the names before, but never seen being banned as one of them.

Usually the name will turn black also once banned.

yea man, that means he um...... he....... yea, he bad !!! (bad is up to each owns determination) but he bad !!

???

I also notice that someone recently banned on this forum , has left a void of sorts , imho , on this org . Now , although a controversial fella to say the least , I sort of miss the mostly confrontational aspect of his contribution to this org . I liked the fact he would say it to you real time , mostly , or maybe after you signed off hahah , and not bunch up with the secret haters behind the scenes ... anyway I sort of miss that goofy bastard !!
Also like to hear what he thinks about my recent ZX14R purchase !!

I also notice that someone recently banned on this forum , has left a void of sorts , imho , on this org . Now , although a controversial fella to say the least , I sort of miss the mostly confrontational aspect of his contribution to this org . I liked the fact he would say it to you real time , mostly , or maybe after you signed off hahah , and not bunch up with the secret haters behind the scenes ... anyway I sort of miss that goofy bastard !!
Evidently he's active elsewhere, or so I'm told. I absolutely do not miss him, I'd like the place to return to what it was, and to do that standards of conduct need to return to where they were. There are plenty of spaces on the web for his type of personality, this place just hasn't been one, and I don't think it should be. People get banned from here because they've been warned about their behavior, and failed to heed the warnings. It's not rocket science, follow the rules or get your privilege revoked. Seems simple enough to me. I've been warned before, and acted accordingly.

I never personally had any problems with him and PM'd him several times giving a bit of advice, he did take that advice and appeared at least to me that he was coming around and using the "think" button before the "send" button at times...

Life with trudge forward. The forum seems to be working well and there are lots of people using it which in the day and age of all the other social media platforms is amazing...

I was almost banned once I think for insulting comments (which I would have deserved). I also banned myself for a year or so. I just think people take this all too seriously. I think you should be able to have a relevant conversation on a bike issue and act like a fool at times too. I posted pictures of my Busa on another site and Ali saw them and commented. He is a bit calmer there (read through a few of his posts) but still the same guy. He was explosive but I found him a real character and got a chuckle out of him. Frankly, a lot of conversations happen here in PM and probably emails between different clicks. I would rather be stabbed in the front than the back any day, Lol! I just roll my roll and don't take it all too seriously.

Fact is things are a little boring around here and I'm afraid we are starting to only accept certain types of people in the click, which is a bad thing for the site IMHO. Anyway, we'll see what the future brings but whatever it is, I'll keep doing my thing and enjoying the show.

Back