What do "you" use to remove grease from your rims?

WD40 and a rag
beerchug.gif

I use Pledge on my wheels but mine are stock. Doesn't Carrozeria recommend a particular wheel cleaner?

P.S. Those are just what I want on my O3 AE!

P.S.S. Can you (anyone?) give some feedback on the Cush drive performance of the Carrozeria's (Marchesini's BST's etc?) VS stock? There was a thread on here a while back and Only Oz(discontinued of course) used to use the stock cush drive arrangement.
beerchug.gif

In the past... WD40 and a rag.
Currently... just a rag when I finish up washing her.
I've said it B4 if you haven't tried REJEX, you're missing out IMO. No affliation BTW.

Nice shoes... didn't forget the shoes...
super.gif

(BLUE_STEEL @ Aug. 25 2007,02:45) Hey everyone I just got some new shoes for my 2005 and decided to switch it up and go gold instead of black. I was curious to know what some of you use to break down grease safely on your forged aluminum wheels?  These are Carrozzeria's

What a difference in feel btw!
S100.

P.

Honda Polish in a spray can. Cuts grease, polishes plastic, painted surfaces, Chrome and aluminum.

I spray it on and wipe it off with a paper towel-takes maybe two minutes and the wheels look brand new.

beerchug.gif

Gunk engine brite & water. Then wash with car wash. The really stubborn spots, brakeclean on a rag and then wash. Wax if I'm not too lazy.

First wipe with a wet heavy-duty paper towel to remove the loose dirt and dust then follow up w/ WD-40 and papertowels...works like a charm. Don't use rags when you can simply throw the nasty paper towel sheets away.

I use kerosene for clenaing the chain as well.

I would have thought WD40 attracts dust, hmm.. maybe i'll try it tonight.

I normally use wax (Meguiars or Mothers).

(bigoltool @ Aug. 25 2007,14:09) P.S.S. Can you (anyone?) give some feedback on the Cush drive performance of the Carrozeria's (Marchesini's BST's etc?) VS stock? There was a thread on here a while back and Only Oz(discontinued of course) used to use  the stock cush drive arrangement.  
beerchug.gif
I have Marchesinis and they use the stock cush drive.

I use either Simple Green to clean them or baby wipes (believe it or not) work really good and are readily available in my house.

On non painted smooth surfaces I use Simple Green. Rough surfaces with a toothbrush and kerosene.
super.gif

(TurboSN95 @ Aug. 28 2007,12:35) I would have thought WD40 attracts dust, hmm.. maybe i'll try it tonight.  

I normally use wax (Meguiars or Mothers).
I don't put gobs of it on. As a matter of fact for my last step I wipe with a dry paper towel to remove any excess.

If I have time to clean the bike, I have time to ride the bike!

Why clean when I'm just gonna put another thousand miles of bugs on it next week?
smile.gif

Back