What do you think of theses spark plugs ?

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Don't know if they make them for the Busa, looks interesting.

PulstarTM Pulse Plugs - OFFICIAL SITE - Fight back against the high cost of fuel, improve your car’s performance, and help reduce greenhouse gas!

071190.1-lg.jpg

I'm always a little leary about making things more complex than they need to be. My first thought is, "one more thing that can fail".

Granted this is without looking at anything more than the initial post so maybe there is a "pass through" failsafe or something. Will check it out...

For 100 years, spark plugs have remained much the same as they are today (history of the spark plug) generating only 50 watts of peak discharge power.

Pulse plugs feature a unique capacitor-based circuit that captures energy normally wasted by spark plugs and generates a spark with 10 times greater energy than any spark plug

pulse plug
the fuel mixture is ignited instantly with a 1 million watt pulse of electricity

Last time i checked 50 watts X 10 is not 1 million watts?

I call it BS. Also, the site does not indicate how much fuel it saves, and you can guess why. Also, producing a spark has little to do with wattage. Ever remember taking a sweater off in the dark room and all the sparks from static flying between your head and the sweater? Those sweater sparks probably required all of 0.0001 Watt of electricity. LOL.

Also, a normally working regular spark plug is pretty effective, there isn't much that can be improved.

And even if all of 50 Watt is being saved, it's such a miniscule amount of power compared to the bike's/car power... To put it in perspective, 1 HP = approx 750 Watt, so 50 Watt is pretty much nothing.

Now, that we discussed this, I read about blinker fluid which really makes a difference. Let me know if you are interested.

Oh yeah, the website quotes a guy who installed them on '91 Nissan and his mileage got 10% better. That Nissan probably had original spark plugs which were so good they only got marginally bad after more than 15 years. How about comparing the BS plugs to a '08 model plugs?

Last edited:
Now, that we discussed this, I read about blinker fluid which really makes a difference. Let me know if you are interested.

I have read that blinker fluid is completely excellent to lube the muffler bearings.

Synthetic blinker fluid, mind you. :cool:

I read where they are now using 100 of these plugs to launch the space shuttle, thats something like 50 gazillion WHATS, or the same output as the fluxcapacitor...so if it launches and goes back in time they would make you faster because you would get there before you left...my head hurts now, ouchy....

All that is required of a plug is to give enough of a spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture.
Any more "power" is just waisted, and not needed... IMO

- Pulstar Pulse Plug vs. NKG Iridium Bench Test[/url]

- Pulstar spark V Standard resistorless spark[/url]

it does have a brighter spark

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: I needed a good laugh today.. magic thunderbolts...

in reality, the common sparkplug is pretty complex but this thing cracks me up.. save your $$

For 100 years, spark plugs have remained much the same as they are today (history of the spark plug) generating only 50 watts of peak discharge power.

Pulse plugs feature a unique capacitor-based circuit that captures energy normally wasted by spark plugs and generates a spark with 10 times greater energy than any spark plug

pulse plug
the fuel mixture is ignited instantly with a 1 million watt pulse of electricity

Last time i checked 50 watts X 10 is not 1 million watts?
and the spark plug never produced a single watt of power..

almost every sparkplug on the market is a "resistor"

now introduce 50K+ to this resistor and apply ohms law on the other side of the thing..

Marketing companies should be held liable for this crap...

I have read that blinker fluid is completely excellent to lube the muffler bearings.

Synthetic blinker fluid, mind you. :cool:

Headlight fluid works better than blinker fluid, pure synthetic and will not boil.

gallery_2_63_3664.jpg

unless your running nitro methane thru that engine ya dont need ALOT of spark to start the fire. The concept sounds interesting but, I wouldnt believe it just yet..
oh btw since we're talking about headlight and blinker fluid, those of us that are in the colder parts of the country dont forget to change the summer air in your tires to winter air.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I read where they are now using 100 of these plugs to launch the space shuttle, thats something like 50 gazillion WHATS, or the same output as the fluxcapacitor...so if it launches and goes back in time they would make you faster because you would get there before you left...my head hurts now, ouchy....

Hey, i have one of them flux capacitors...i will have to upgrade using this new technology.

Is the headlight fluid just for cages or is there a brand producing for bikes too?

Pretty soon, they'll have spark plugs that put out so much power, you don't even need gas any more.

:D

--Wag--

Back