Problem starting 2007 Busa!

Ljbythec

Registered
Hi everyone, this my first post on the site and I desperately need some help.
My 2007 Busa is my primary means of transpo and it won't start. I put it in dealer mode and got an all clear on the sensors (-C00). Changed the fuel pump, checked the injectors and they spray. Put in new spark plugs. Wouldn't start. Then one day uncoupled the cam shaft sensor, thumped the tipover sensor a few times put it back together and brrroooom!!! Started right up. Turned it off and back on and it started and continued to run. Turned it off, bolted the gas tank down, put the key in and it wouldn,t start! I went through the service manual and and found several possibilities and would like opinions on where I should go next. I got the Manual from an eBay seller (Clearwater motorcycles, Florida) but it's the wrong year (Asked for 2007, they gave me a 2004.) anyways these are the areas I've concluded could be the problem;

Out of adjustment tapper clearance
Too slowly starter motor cranks
Defective ignition coil/plug
Defective signal generator or ignitor unit
Defective fuel injector
Defective fuel pump relay
Out of adjustment throttle position sensor
Defective vacuum control solenoid valve

Any logical explanations will be considered!

Thanks!

Are you gettin a click sound? Or is it turning over real slow?

i am going threw the same thang right now!!

Welcome to the oRg. Explain what the bike is doing. Does the bike turn over at all or just click? Did you check the kick stand switch, the clutch switch, and I know you mentioned the tip over switch. What mods have been done to the bike?

:welcome: A bit more info like twotonevert asked would be helpful. There are a number of switches on the bike that will pevent it from starting. If you have aftermarket levers, it could be the clutch switch not getting properly engaged. Start simple and move to the more complex.

Ok, no mods, no clicking it sounds like it wants to start so yes it is turning over. Just cleaned the injectors, still won't start. Most frustrating part is it has started but won't keep going. No sensor problems, dealer mode -C00! Will research clutch switch.

Thanks

Wondering if you might have a short circuit in a wiring harness, because everything was working until you bolted the tank down. Lift your tank up and try to start again. Carefully trace your fingers around each wiring harness you can find and see if there are any worn spots or tight kinks. Look around the steering head, because this is the one place where the harnesses flex a lot. Good luck.

Check the camshaft sensor again and also check anything that may have been pinched or kinked, wire or vacuum line. From the sound of it, try to start the bike with the tank propped up, then slowly lower the tank and see if it dies.

Sooooo, as I put it back together, I started it after each step and vrooom! Last step to screw down the tank, did that and now it won't start. None of the hoses are crimped! I had the tank down several times while putting it back together and it started. After bolting it nothing!!! I'm freaking out! Specially after watching the Bears play like poo poo!!! What to do?

Ok I have a 2007 I have not had this problem yet, but check and see if your plug to the fuel pump is loose. With the tank down when you turn the key on can you hear the pump?

Another question, what is dealer mode they didn't have the ABC modes till gen 2 in 2008. Are you talking about a TRE or something???

Ok I have a 2007 I have not had this problem yet, but check and see if your plug to the fuel pump is loose. With the tank down when you turn the key on can you hear the pump?

Another question, what is dealer mode they didn't have the ABC modes till gen 2 in 2008. Are you talking about a TRE or something???

Dealer mode is by putting a paper clip or wire in a plug in the tailsection to read any trouble codes on a gen 1.

Dealer mode is by putting a paper clip or wire in a plug in the tailsection to read any trouble codes on a gen 1.

Oh gotcha I was thinking something like the BMW S2000RR has a dealer mode where its faster or something like that. Thanks :beerchug:

If you don't have a light on I wouldn't think the dealer mode would help you any. I would have to say its has to be a loose conection somewhere because if it was a sensor it would store a code and you would have a light on. But that is completely me thinking as if it has OBD1 or OBD2 like a vehicle a bike may be completely different.

Back