What do you know about IRAQ?!?!?

now i am not badging all civilians cause i work with alot of them and its nice cause they teach me new things all in return i teach them things. i have learned how to operate heavy equipment and warehouse. in return they usually want me to teach them the RTCH (Rough Terrain Container Handler)
or want to learn about military weapons, or even ask what it is really like in baghdad. also i have worked with LSI and they teach me new things about vehicles. so i dont hate all, just the ones that treat us like crap, which is usually the lower paid.
i have met people over in camp stryker that are making $250,000 and they are the coolest. actually alot of them i talk to they give me number and email address of companies that i should work for.
I dont know about the school system and what they learn, tho i do know that their college here is free for them also.
oh also i was explained to from my NCOs that were here in OIF1 that the deal between military and civilians, was at first they got here and didnt want to help or any favors for the military, they just wanted to do their job and that was it. but now that we have been here for so long they gave it. there has been times that my plt sgt says you need to figure out how to get something done ie, i had a broke down trailer that i needed to have barriers moved off of it but the only thing on the fob was KBRs crane or folk lifts cause they had 30k forklifts and we only had 10, which was no good, so i had to wheel n deal with them, and trust me it is not an easy thing when you dont know any of them. i told them i needed them moved because i needed to get the trailer fix and ready to go for the next mission they reply ya well we got missions to, so i was getting nowhere with that. after going to see them every 2hours they finally found time for me.
beerchug.gif
but now i am in with the heavy operators so things are alot easier. well i got to get some sleep just got off mission and i have been up for 26hrs. it was a long night of a hot mess down town.

--steve

Back