What do you guys think of this as a first bike

This is mine, the day i picked it up.

IMG_0212s.jpg

This is mine, the day i picked it up.

IMG_0212s.jpg

Nice...

OK. I've decided. My first bike will not be a 636.
It can be something for me to aspire to, though.

I've been looking for a 2-4 year old naked sv650.
Around here seems they are all kinda beat and overpriced.
I'm starting to look around out of state.
That open up the issue of transporting.
Oh well, I have plenty of time.

well shame you can not make Fall Bash... I am sure you could swoon Don to let you ride his (I think he rides the SV more than the busa now?)

Sounds like a sweet deal to me! Jump on it if thats the kind of bike your after:beerchug: As far as the first bike thing goes, this is where my opinion differs from alot of others.......i say buy what you want the first time around, THERE ALL FAST ENOUGH TO KILL YOU!!! just my :2cents: ??? Go for it :thumbsup:

Agreed regardless of what you buy it needs to be repected but its nice to have something without plasics to repair while you get used to riding... Sweet ride...don't treat the public roads like a closed course we want you hear and on a Busa if possible,,,, for a long time ...:laugh:
:beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
if you want it buy it,Busa was my first bike,2yrs ago,im still alive (knock on wood):whistle:

Busa was my first Sportbike and first bike in over a decade. I say get whatever the hell you want and can afford. Just be careful, drive responsible and have fun. :thumbsup:

Why is it the ZX-6 and ZX-10 look so much better than the ZX-14? Or is it just me?

Last edited:
Nice...

OK. I've decided. My first bike will not be a 636.
It can be something for me to aspire to, though.

I've been looking for a 2-4 year old naked sv650.
Around here seems they are all kinda beat and overpriced.
I'm starting to look around out of state.
That open up the issue of transporting.
Oh well, I have plenty of time.

Does it have to be an SV?? and since you mentioned shipping a bike is Bama too far? I know where there is a VERY nice FZ6 for sale. 2006 model with 1800 miles. Been grannied by a 53 year old rider. Asking $5K

FZ6.jpg

OH MY, I LOVE THIS BIKE:bowdown::thumbsup: that blue is electrifying, THIS would definitely be the 600 i'd like to own.......that is if i whern't 6'0 250+/- a few LBS:whistle::laugh:

Seksie ain't it?

But now I have the hots for a GPZ550 I heard about today...
I like things with a cool history.
My first car was a Renault Sedwag, my second to last car was a 1973 BMW 2002 stick, completely restored.

Does it have to be an SV?? and since you mentioned shipping a bike is Bama too far? I know where there is a VERY nice FZ6 for sale. 2006 model with 1800 miles. Been grannied by a 53 year old rider. Asking $5K

Ask me again when hurricane season is over.
On second look - that thing has more of a rake angle than I want to deal with on my first bike.
Thanks, and good luck selling it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back