What do non-riders notice about your bike?

IScream

Registered
I was thinking earlier about the things certain people have noticed when checking out my new bike for the first time. Obviously, lots of people ask about the symbol on the fairing. Quite a few people comment on the size of the rear tire or the mph reading on the speedo. A few people have focused on odd things though. One guy at work hardly had anything at all to say about the bike except for how bad it is to have a weld showing on the frame like that. Another was most impressed with the special high beam headlight. Both of them are good guys but I was struck by what they commented on...

Any of you ever get surprised by comments about your bike?

-Chris

Non-riders always comment that it looks fast. Impressed by the "1300" on the tail and amazed at the speedo. Even if it's only the 180 type. Oh, they always talk about how clean it is..

I usually get questions about the little yellow trigger/button marked 'pass'. I usually concoct some outrageous explanation about it being my passing gear, turbo, warpdrive, whatever occurs to me at the moment, to pass traffic.

Then when they're looking at me like I've gone bonkers, I demonstrate the highbeam function. 'Course then they ask why it's located right next to the normal high/low rocker switch... at which time I just shrug.

I have always been asked out the tyre size and the kanji symbol
biggrin.gif

...plus the regular, its sexy, it looks fast, and it looks mean
wink.gif

I got a comment about the weld last week too. Usually people say it looks like it's moving fast even though it's not.

I heard a guy say "that thing just looks fast" as he was standing across the parking lot with his two sons, arms folded and looking at my bike...

He finally walked over, wanted to know what kind of bike it was, how fast, etc...I mostly just get the "oh sh*t" looks when they see a gal on a sport bike, but I live in the sticks. I'd probably get the same look if I pulled up on a 10-speed or a horse!
laugh.gif

the symbol means hayabusa
smile.gif
i even had a friend who knows japanese write hayabusa and they were identical.

i get the your a crazy mofo and the ur gonna die stuff which is starting to get annoying...

i get the your a crazy mofo and the ur gonna die stuff which is starting to get annoying...
I got that from my aunt, through my parents, when she found out I had a bike (this was the bike before this one, but I'm sure it hasn't subsided). She even told my parents to make me get rid of it.

Their response of course was, "Well, he IS 30 years old" (at the time). My father's extra response was jealousy, because he used to ride and really wants a bike again.

I think I'm gonna ride it to the aunt's place this year for Thanksgiving. You know, for gris.
laugh.gif

On my 01 Busa, I had It was painted Chevy Huggar Orange, the first thing everyone noticed was the bright color, but the most comments I got where about the 4 pannels from the fairings to the tank, and up around the instument cluster, (I called them the "dash" pannels) I had the texure sanded off and they were painted orange also. Alot of people, ever guys that worked at the dealer asked me "how did you make those pannels" or "where did you buy those pannels" (since most sport bikes don't have pannels like that I guess they didnt notice them in stock form on a Busa.)

Most of the time I get the "don't your back/wrists/knees hurt?" questions then I get the "how fast does it go?" question. The last comment is usually "wowwwwww".

In the winter when I'm riding home and it's snowing (like yesterday; big fat sloppy flakes; I had to wipe my shield every 10 seconds), I'll get the "you're crazy" or "drive carefully" comments from my coworkers.

Lately I've been asked what the red dragon stickers on the fairing mean
smile.gif

Carl

Ever since i got mah Busa on 4/22 i have gotten...
:That bike is Gorgeous .* Girl at work
:Thats a fat rear tire
:How fast can it go
:Its Huge
:that rear hump is bad a$$
:what is it?
:Looks like a bullet
:Bad A$$ bike
:your crazy

.. and on and on .. never got so many compliments with my two previous bikes..

GOTTA LOVE IT!

either the seats or the funny pipe coming out the side.
laugh.gif

Back