What do i need to do

night_ryder

Registered
The season is pretty much done this year and it is the first year that i have owned a FI bike. I was wondering if there is anything that i need to do to get my bike winterized besides changing the oil, spark plugs. Do i need to drain what gas I have left?
Another thing is that i drag race and since the season is over, i didn't know if there is anything extra that you guys do after a racing season?

Thanks

Here are a few threads I found on a search

I hope this helps.
super.gif

Clean and lube your chain. Fill gas tank and put reputable fuel stabilizer in it. And change oil and filter. You should be set. Also if you have stands, put bike on stands. I just have rear right now, I hope to get the front stand for christmas...
beerchug.gif

I just fill mine up with gas and start it once a month if i dont ride it. Never had a problem. I am in Chicago

Thanks guys, 300 busa all u to is fill it up then start it once a month. I live in s. ind, but hopefully moving to ft. wayne this december

Change your oil and filter, put some Stabil in a 1/2 full tank...then fill it so it mixes well...run then engine for a couple minutes...so the Stabil gets in the fuel lines and injectors, put her up on some stands if you have them
wink.gif

Check the bottle for the proper amout of Stabil...tank size is 5.5gals...unless you have a California bike, which is 5.0
biggrin.gif

(night_ryder @ Oct. 28 2006,11:19) Thanks guys, 300 busa all u to is fill it up then start it once a month.  I live in s. ind, but hopefully moving to ft. wayne this december
That is it. Just make sure you fill it as high as you can so no condensation can build up in the tank. When spring comes, just change the oil and ride.

Back