What do I do ?

kim windsor

Registered
My dealer calls tells me I have a white Hayabusa coming in you can have it out the door for 21500 I tell him I already ordered
a black Hayabusa for 21,199 plus my deposit of 500 bucks ,what do I do .?.

My dealer calls tells me I have a white Hayabusa coming in you can have it out the door for 21500 I tell him I already ordered
While I have a black Busa, and love the Gen 3 in black I’m over black vehicles if buying new I never intend to get black again . If I was getting a good deal used and the bike happened to be black I’d likely take it…

so I’d go with the white personally

Yep, it sounds like the collective has given you some sound advice.

You have a couple choices-

a) await the bike you ordered and made a deposit on...(I'd be a little suspect of this dealership as they would know about your deposit-for them to offer you another bike and then hike up the price says something about their ethics and character....)

b) stomp in there and let them know you already made a deposit on a black bike but will accept the white bike under the same agreement and terms.

White is nice. I sure like mine and it’s the second white bike I’ve owned but if you prefer the black, wait for it. Otherwise make the same money deal and get the white one.

If I take the white I am out 200 bucks and a like black

200 bucks is definitely worth your choice of color. I'd take some other color for about 2000 lower but you won't get that deal with the Gen3 busa. ...or probably any bike nowadays. I'd sit tight and wait for what you ordered. You'll own the bike a long time, might as well get what you want.

So from the dealers I've talked to they all received the busas in the same stages, everyone got the black bikes then the white and blue and finally silver and red. If this is the dealer u put your deposit down with im wondering if they didn't "accidently" sell your black one and now trying to make it seem they are doing you a favor by letting you lose money and get something different then u ordered. Like was already said if u wanted a white one go ahead and get it but I would definitely make sure they match the price of not beat the price of the black one.

So from the dealers I've talked to they all received the busas in the same stages, everyone got the black bikes then the white and blue and finally silver and red. If this is the dealer u put your deposit down with im wondering if they didn't "accidently" sell your black one and now trying to make it seem they are doing you a favor by letting you lose money and get something different then u ordered. Like was already said if u wanted a white one go ahead and get it but I would definitely make sure they match the price of not beat the price of the black one.
I'd bring this up to your dealer and start asking questions. If they have to give you a white one, they owe you a set of black fairings.

I hope they weren't closed when you got there. If it's that dealership in NW Milwaukee on 76th street, they won't budge. You stuck for the long haul but they have a reputation to keep up so they will make it right in the end. ...just might be on their own terms.

Back