what do i do

Martin.UK

Registered
I am one for liking my personal reg numbers.
I have just bought last month T13 OOR for my Gen1.
Now this other reg number has come up for sale that i like.
The wife first said no to me buying it, but has now said ok.
I have talked to the seller and we have both come a price we are happy with.
At the moment i am on the fence still about it.
What do you guys think. It will go on my 99 T reg Gen1 or my car.
The reg number is T998 USA.

For the Car
T-99 8USA.png

For the Bike
T998 USA.png

That's a personal choice.
I hate them, as they are easy for Do-Gooders to remember...so they can call the cops on you...
its worse than that now

most UK Police forces has websites where car drivers can upload incriminating dash cam evidence of poor driving / riding, and they will investigate and if they can issue points and fines. Its called lazy policing in my book.

not that worries me as i don't cross solid lines etc , but i do overtakes at considerable speed, so i have moderated my riding 'slightly'

if the car is already over the speed limit then normal service is resumed, as Police will also look at how fast dashcam car was travelling

I'm not a big fan of personal number plates either. But in this case they both seem fine to me. Not too recognizable because most citizens don't even know what it should represent

I've always been fascinated by the UK mindset towards personalized plates. From what I understand, folks prefer them as they remove the model year indication of the vehicle they're on, so other people don't know that you're driving a car/bike that's not near-new? Am I getting that correct?

Over here in North America, personalized plates are a vanity thing full-stop, hence why they're frequently referred to as "vanity plates".

I've always been fascinated by the UK mindset towards personalized plates. From what I understand, folks prefer them as they remove the model year indication of the vehicle they're on, so other people don't know that you're driving a car/bike that's not near-new? Am I getting that correct?

Over here in North America, personalized plates are a vanity thing full-stop, hence why they're frequently referred to as "vanity plates".
All our plates are motorbike related to bikes we have now.
It's not to hide the age of our cars or bikes. They mean something to us and that all that matters. The wife is always getting asked what her plate means on her car, as not everyone are into motorcycles.

Here in NZ we are all so poor that personalised plates are out of the question.
In fact most bikers make their own plates up, piece of white cardboard and a black marker pen does the trick.
The cops hate it but who stops to talk to them anyway?
Seriously though, p plates here cost an arm and a leg and in my humble opinion it’s a complete waste of money that could be used for better purposes, helping a fellow human being out, buying flowers for the Missus to appease her wrath etc etc.
That’s just my perspective, you do what you like with your excess cash lol.

Very few (if any) bikes here have vanity plates and less and less cars have them....at one time lots of cars had them. Lots of veterans plates around here on bikes and cars as we are very close to a large military base here.

Back