What did you run on the BUSA???

What did you run on the BUSA??? - 1st time on the 1/4 mile how did you do?

• 13.00's or slower!

Votes: 580 70.4%
  • 12.00-12.99!

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • 11.00-11.99!

Votes: 40 4.9%
  • 10.00-10.99!

Votes: 135 16.4%
  • 9's First weekend ever on the track and a Hayabusa!

Votes: 55 6.7%

• Total voters
Normaly visit the drags after the 1st service and a few hundred miles more.

04 Busa 10.333 @ 135mph. Dyno'd at 159hp.
Stock height, 40psi tyres, 3/4 tank of fuel, no burnout.
(only mod was Yoshi tri-ovals)
- Tony N brisbanebikers[/url]

08 B-King 10.339. Dyno'd at 163hp.
Stock height, 40psi tyres, 3/4 tank of fuel, no burnout.
(only mod was mirrors removed)
- Tony N Willowbank BK/1[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
2 week old Gen II. All stock except hot bodies slip-ons.
240# rider. Best run:
60'---2.0986
330---4.9701
1/4 ----10.6866
MPH----139.58
fun meter-----off the charts!!

11.26 first time out...didn't get full throttle.
.100 R/T the first pass, which got progressively worse the more I tried anticipating the tree.
235 pounds
Ti-Force full exhaust.
Took a couple more passes. The shorter times and overall MPH changed, but the times were all in the same ballpark.
I knew Busa's were track bikes...I didn't know they were the only ones. :laugh: It was about a 12:1 ratio of Busas to everything else. If running under 9 means having to get one of those ugly @$$, stretched tails...I don't think it's gonna happen. Just my opinion though.
It was a complete blast. Good to finally get it in the triple digits, legally.

11.26 first time out...didn't get full throttle.
.100 R/T the first pass, which got progressively worse the more I tried anticipating the tree.
235 pounds
Ti-Force full exhaust.
Took a couple more passes. The shorter times and overall MPH changed, but the times were all in the same ballpark.
I knew Busa's were track bikes...I didn't know they were the only ones. :laugh: It was about a 12:1 ratio of Busas to everything else. If running under 9 means having to get one of those ugly @$$, stretched tails...I don't think it's gonna happen. Just my opinion though.
It was a complete blast. Good to finally get it in the triple digits, legally.

My bike has been 9.8 with stock height and wheelbase...even with the 40lbs of air in the tires....no burn out. So it can be done without the stretch for sure...

I dont have my busa yet... but finally took my '08 CBR 600 to the strip. My first "attempt" was actually scary. It was after a burnout contest and the track was not yet totally dry. Went a little sideways, but was able to straighten her out. Best run was an 11.5 at 124.6 MPH. I weight around 165lbs. Bike is stock. 60' was a HORRIBLE 2.2! I for the life of me.. could not get it to launch. Very short wheel base doesn't help either. Should be much better next time. Going to Tulsa and is a much better track. I hope to kiss into the 10's. Get my 60' to at least a 1.9 and would be getting close. :cheerleader:

1.52-1.55 60's, sleepin off the line a lil, going out the back door at a 10.08-10.12 ET. I'm 7" extended, stock motor, stock header with a few bolt ons and I actually ran these times foot shifting. I also weigh 250 with my jacket on. I found out after the 4th pass of the night that my clutsh was trashed, so a new clutch was just broke in and I'm headed back out tonght! Wish me luck!

Heres a pic of a 1.52 60 ft launch
IMG_8697-.jpg

Last edited:
01 busa. First trip to the 1/4 with it went 10.00 @ 140 with a 1.60 sixty foot. Dynod 170hp. Roaring toyz drag exhaust, 4" stretch, slight head work, cheap cam upgrade, ape manual cct, -1 front sprocket. Front end strapped.
Posted via Mobile Device

looking to learn how to race on the 1/4 mile tracks. Anyone based out of colorado?

Hey boss its been years since i've been down the track on 2wheels but no stranger in cars, diesels etc. Me and my brother plan on hitting bandimere ALOT next season on the bikes, hit me up when the weather gets good i know a few guys up there that i've picked up alot of info on getting solid runs on bikes. :thumbsup:

I got mine down to a 9.85 last time out with new clutches. I'm shopping around for a CHEAP winder, and have a few more mods in mind. I'll deffinitely get a tune when my 1k go's back to get finished up... This will have to hold me over til the turbo dream becomes a reality...

My bike has been 9.8 with stock height and wheelbase...even with the 40lbs of air in the tires....no burn out. So it can be done without the stretch for sure...

10.1 was my best time tonight runing your program still. I am fat slow and old. from 1st to second I am killing a lot of time trying to get my feet up to shift while trying to keep the front wheel down.

Back