What did you run on stock setup

jeff355

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone run their Busa bone stock? I mean gears, exhaust, etc. If so what did you run with that setup and what was your best mod after that? Thanx in advance, Jeff.

4 me prob shifter cause im not fast enough hit 2nd b-4 rev limiter kicks on.
Pipes good 2 weight reduction + little more horse with a power commander.

Anyone run their Busa bone stock? I mean gears, exhaust, etc. If so what did you run with that setup and what was your best mod after that? Thanx in advance, Jeff.

If you mean bone stock even without a gearing change then I went 6.8 first day out on the Busa at over 200lbs. This was the first day out and the mods started right after, lol. I suggest that you read these articles on how to get the most out of your bike close to stock:

Brock’s Performance Information Forum: How to Slam and Prep a ’Busa... Part 1

Brock’s Performance Information Forum: How to Slam and Prep a ’Busa... Part 2

I was running 6.4s after lowering the bike, gears, and a strap. I later extended the bike and went 6.2s...................... Changed exhaust to a Brock and went 6.0s consistently with more gearing changes. Added my current mods and :whistle::whistle::whistle: Well it runs good now:bowdown:

Good Luck!

Last edited:
If you mean bone stock even without a gearing change then I went 6.8 first day out on the Busa at over 200lbs. This was the first day out and the mods started right after, lol. I suggest that you read these articles on how to get the most out of your bike close to stock:

Brock’s Performance Information Forum: How to Slam and Prep a ’Busa... Part 1

Brock’s Performance Information Forum: How to Slam and Prep a ’Busa... Part 2

I was running 6.4s after lowering the bike, gears, and a strap. I later extended the bike and went 6.2s...................... Changed exhaust to a Brock and went 6.0s consistently with more gearing changes. Added my current mods and :whistle::whistle::whistle: Well it runs good now:bowdown:

Good Luck!

Oh yeah, best mod for sure was seat time! I use to post asking questions and got a lot of good advice. No substitute for seat time. I have beat quite a few less experienced riders locally on motor who were spraying or run built motors. Hard to catch a good rider in only an 1/8th of a mile. I have had my @ss handed to me after the 1/8th when racing the same bikes in the 1/4 mile, lol.

Last edited:
Lowered 2.25 in the rear with a strap on the front(closest to stock it ever went down the strip) and otherwise bone stock, went 10.teens. With a 42t rear sprocket same chassis, stock pipes went best of 9.92, then started with a stretch, pipe combos and spray.... :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive already stretched it, lowered it ,but I still have the stock gears, 17/40 and stock exhaust. I just ordered a Shinko 003. I guess my question is, should I put the 16 t front in before I go, or wait till I get it done. Im just curious on what I can expect.

Ive already stretched the bike, lowered it. Other than that its stock down to the gears and exhaust. Ive got a Shinko 003 coming and Im just curious if that 16 t front is a "must" have item. It seems to be on the Brocks page.

The best I ran the first time and only time out was a 10.35 with a crappy 60'.
Can't remember MPH.

Just finished,

Lowering,
Stretch,
Clutch Mod,
Brocks Alien Head,
PC-V

and Dyno tuned.

Hope to post some times after this coming Thursday. :thumbsup:

And I need more seat time, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Jet

Ive already stretched it, lowered it ,but I still have the stock gears, 17/40 and stock exhaust. I just ordered a Shinko 003. I guess my question is, should I put the 16 t front in before I go, or wait till I get it done. Im just curious on what I can expect.

Just practice with what you got. In the 1/8th you will barely be in second gear at the traps though. I would get comfortable with the 17/40 first. Make small changes and re-learn. Just a change from the 003 to the Drag Radial changed a lot on my bike. For example, I don't strap it down as tight now, just barely, compression is much stiffer, consistent 1.4 60s at 15-17psi verses the 1.5s with a 003 at 12 psi. A gear change will throw everything out the window and you will have to figure things out again. I would suggest that you use the launch technique above. I agree with Brock on the low RPM launch. If you are not improving then start adding some gear to it. I had to go to a 16t-45t before I really started improving btw....a 42t at my weight was not enough for my riding style. I personally look more at my 330ft than anything.

How are you running now...?

What's your 60' and 330' look like...?

I was going to say lowering is the most noticeable difference for drag but since you already have that you've got to get seat time, like Ft. Campbell BUSA said... :thumbsup:

How are you running now...?

What's your 60' and 330' look like...?

I was going to say lowering is the most noticeable difference for drag but since you already have that you've got to get seat time, like Ft. Campbell BUSA said... :thumbsup:

You are flying with a SWB for sure! :thumbsup: I personally think that is the best way to learn how to ride our bikes. Heck, I wish I had a Gen 2 to race at SWB and use what I learned now, lol. I think a Gen 2, SWB, Brock componets, lowered, and some Nitrous on a progressive would make me some money down here :laugh:.

I havent taken it down the 1/4 yet. Im just prepping the bike, Im still waiting on my tether and a couple other parts.

Im no great rider and dont get to the drag's very often,
but just so you have another figure to play with.

Stock Mk1 Busa. Out of the crate. 40 psi tyre's, full height,
mirrors and tool kit, No burnout, etc. As ridden home from the shop.

10.33 seconds @ 135mph.
- Tony N brisbanebikers[/url]
They were flming the other guy but it show's my time at the end.

I ran an almost identical time a while later on a B-King in similar trim, full height, 40 psi, no burnout.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Ryan Schnitz go 6.30 1/8th on a stock busa @ kokomo long time ago.
Stock cans dont really know if was even lowerd prob not.Trouble getting it 2 hook it was spinning.

Back