tether kill

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I am gonna start drag racing this year and I am just getting all my parts lined up. I am just wondering how many of you guys are running a kill switch of some type. I havent talked to my local track teckies yet, but I believe you have to run one if you are running in the 9's or quicker. Not too sure about that yet, but it will be my first time this spring, so I don't know if I will even hit 9's this year..lol

tell them bike has a tipover switch and that it says in rule book if it has one no tether needed..I still wear one,lmk I carry the pmr ones..

I have one on the bike, but it is not required to be there. Talk to the techs. Some tracks and sanctions do not require it because of the built in bank angle sensor. Some require it regardless.

Do yourself a favor and pick up one from PMR and install it, just in case.

I know you are not running a top fueler, but last year a guy fell off his at the finish line, and the bike went all the way to the end of the track and crashed real bad, as in endo's, almost 2000 feet further away.
Then it totaled itself out.

Get one....

This 1 is pingle I think prostar requires it.

IMG_4510.jpg

My local track requires them regardless if you run 15's.
sad.gif
 Sucks that every bike has to have one but it's a safety precaution so it isn't a big deal...

I run the PMR one though...  
thumb_up.gif

I have one on my bike never hooked it to me as its not required at the 1/8th mile I am running at. Stupid not to use as it is already on the bike. I have the PMR one as well

I have one also. They arent that expensive. You can actually make one with a cotter pin and coil wire. Most of the guys at the track usually make theirs.

Back