What components needed to make LED Angel Eyes?

smalltimer

Registered
I was looking at changing my CCFL Angel Eyes to the LED types. Can anyone that bought them tell me if they have seen the reflective string anywhere. Like you can get the CCFL angle eyes from the lighted fans that you put in your computer, I know the string has be somewhere I can take to use for this. You can use this string in other places too. Ive looked everywhere but I dont know alot of places here since I just moved here. If yhou have any ideas, et me know. The rings shoud be simple, but I saw that wing that goes on both sides. There are only four LEDs, its the reflective stuff I need.

Any help would be great. Im molding the brake light to a line and these would make some nice accennts down the side.
thanks,
Kenny

Your question is realy confusing
rock.gif
.  Contact customdynamics.com maybe they can help?

i've seen it done ages ago using mini blind rod and a dremel to cut ridges into the rod after bending it and usin a single LED for the light source

Thanks for the info.  Yea I talking abot the LED reflecting through the clear plastic.  I couldnt figure out where to get the plastice which seemed to be on pieces.  I found a place thaqt made cone shaped LEDs to make a circle, but thats too much.  Using the blinds from the cord is a good idea.  I have the cathodes now, but I want to change out.
If anyone else has some options for the clear plastice pieces to make the Angel eyes, let me know.  I dont want to do just circles.
later,
Kenny

Here is a pic of the ring that has the type of pices Im looking for

ring.JPG

Back