What can do days, and 3 bandaids get you?

methodicreign

Registered
I have a few months off work and in an effort to not go crazy at home or broke going out all the time I've taken to spending time in my dad's wood shop. Some of you probably saw the thread a while back about the 1911 grips I made and I decided I needed a place to keep said grips. I came.up with this. Not super complicated but not as easy as I thought. I'm developing a whole new respect for craftsmen. I think the foam and fabric was actually harder to make then the case itself. My next project is the same thing but for my AR.
Next week I am going to finish it. I'm debating a distressed finish or a nice decorative stain

20150417_103036.jpg

20150417_102952.jpg

20150417_102945.jpg

20150417_102227.jpg

Nice. Like the dovetails.

I thought Canada was anti-gun so are your guns just for looking at?
Or do you really carry any around with you?

Nice. Like the dovetails.

I thought Canada was anti-gun so are your guns just for looking at?
Or do you really carry any around with you?
I have a permit to carry to and from the gun range, other than that they have to be locked up with a trigger lock!

Yeah what he said. I cut away room in the case for a trigger lock, it just looks so fugly with it. There are pretty stringent regulations regarding storage and transportation of firearms up here. They pretty much don't want us to have them.

Nice job. I too love that joinery. You can have a ton of fun with wood.

How'd you get away with a few months off work?

RSD.

I work the oil patch up north, with the prices the way they are and spring slow downs, they left us home for a while. We're on contract and it expired mid April and they are not offering us new ones till june/july.

Back