What book are you currently reading?

Recently Finished Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Excellent book.

I am getting ready to start Blackhawk Down by Mark Bowden and Septembers of Shiraz Dahlia Sofer.

I read Black Hawk Down a few years ago. Bowden does a great job of accurately describing exactly what happened. It was amazing what those boys went through in Somalia. "Leave No Man Behind" :bowdown:

I read a lot of Harlan Coben and Nelson Demille. Also a lot of non-fiction true crime type books. Just finished reading Cell by Stephen King and I am going to start the new Dan Brown tonight or tomorrow.

I read a lot of Harlan Coben and Nelson Demille. Also a lot of non-fiction true crime type books. Just finished reading Cell by Stephen King and I am going to start the new Dan Brown tonight or tomorrow.

Greg,

How did you like Cell? Is it one of his scary style books?

Im reading book that has sold more copys than any other the bible.
another good read coming global storm auther art bell+whitley strieber

I LIKE BOOKS TV FREAKS ME OUT

1253752250450.gif

Finished 3 books of the series.... of The tales of the Otori trilogy. Read the twlight series a few months before. Probably read Sport bike techniques again! Study up on my riding!

portrait of a killer "jack the ripper" by patricia cromwell- very good book with alot of solid evidence.

I also just finished Neil Gaimon's collection of short stories, "M is for Magic".

Gaimon is an excellent writer, beautiful command of the English language, tends a little bit towards the creepy with a strong sense of humor - not horror like Stephen King. Most people know the stories "Coraline" and "Stardust" from the movies. While his writing is simple enough for children, he uses simple language in elegant ways, and the tales are usually complex. Gaimon is wonderful to read. I would heartily recommend "Anansi Boys" to an adult reader. Very very funny. Amazon.com: Anansi Boys (9780060515195): Neil Gaiman: Books

i love Gaiman's work, finished Anansi Boys a few months ago but actually liked American Gods better...i just picked up dead and alive by Koontz which is his third book in the Frankenstein series and am impatiently waiting for The Gathering Storm, the 12th book in the Wheel of Time series which was started by the late Robert Jordan and is being continued by Brandon Sanderson in 41 more days...i tend to save the heavier reading for winter time when i have more time to devote to it :beerchug:

Just finished book four in the nightwatch series and starting book 3 of eragon tonight. Im a dork.

I have read Eragon and Eldest twice and Brisingr just once. Great Series.

Last edited:
I read Black Hawk Down a few years ago. Bowden does a great job of accurately describing exactly what happened. It was amazing what those boys went through in Somalia. "Leave No Man Behind" :bowdown:

Bowden is going to be on a panel discussing War and the Media in 2 weeks at Old Dominion University's Literary Festival. I have been invited to take part and I wanted to read the book before I met him.

I really enjoied the movie.

Last edited:
Back