What bike + $1k = 200+mph (actual)?

mcoyote

Registered
...and I don't mean paying for airfare and getting a TGV ticket.

Can you take any stock bike (preferably a 'Busa), invest $1k or less, clear 200mph, and still have something nice and streetable? It isn't' just gearing and the timing retard, right? There needs to be some more horses, eh?

Wont the busa stock reach 200+? Speedos now say 180 but I know older bikes show 220 I think it was...Save the $1k for a nice lifeinsurance policy so when you hit that ant and go tumblin atleast your family is a little well off =P

I am sure more than a couple bikes could do it but the Busa would probably be the easiest. It also depends how quick you want to get to 200 mph!

With enough road you could almost do it stock with calm wind, and all other stars tracking, etc...... But I want to get to 200 quick so this would be the recipe!

What you would need for a true 200 mph is:

99-00 Busa or 01-04 Busa(with some kind of TRE)$75

Maybe a small shot of juice(40-50 HP) for that extra boost of Power to guarantee the number($400). A PCIIIR for proper tuning!($400)

Then the right gearing! With stock equipment the Busa should redline at 201 mph in sixth but that is just by the skin of the teeth. So there is no doubt about going over 200, you should make a sprocket/gear change. You could either go up on the front with an 18(212 mph in 6th) or go down one in the rear to a 39(206 mph in 6th)($50).

Pretty basic really!

Busa + TRE($75) + NOS($400) + PCIIIR($400) + sprocket($50) = 200+ MPH for under $12,000
super.gif

Josh
blues.gif

I am sure more than a couple bikes could do it but the Busa would probably be the easiest.  It also depends how quick you want to get to 200 mph!

With enough road you could almost do it stock with calm wind, and all other stars tracking, etc......  But I want to get to 200 quick so this would be the recipe!

What you would need for a true 200 mph is:

99-00 Busa or 01-04 Busa(with some kind of TRE)$75

Maybe a small shot of juice(40-50 HP) for that extra boost of Power to guarantee the number($400).  A PCIIIR for proper tuning!($400)

Then the right gearing!  With stock equipment the Busa should redline at 201 mph in sixth but that is just by the skin of the teeth.  So there is no doubt about going over 200, you should make a sprocket/gear change.  You could either go up on the front with an 18(212 mph in 6th) or go down one in the rear to a 39(206 mph in 6th)($50).

Pretty basic really!

Busa + TRE($75) + NOS($400) + PCIIIR($400) + sprocket($50) =  200+ MPH for under $12,000
super.gif

Josh
blues.gif
I gotta hand it to Josh for the slammin' "let me break it down for you" award. Nice post bro!

Thanks bro'!
biggrin.gif

How has everything been with your bike? Any new 1/4-mile times?

I have been pretty busy last month with work and haven't been able to read/post as much as I would have liked to.

Hope everyone is doing well!?!?
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Thanks bro'!
biggrin.gif

How has everything been with your bike?  Any new 1/4-mile times?

I have been pretty busy last month with work and haven't been able to read/post as much as I would have liked to.

Hope everyone is doing well!?!?
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif
Sorry to jack your thread Mcoyote. Not a usual practice.

Good Josh! just recently pulled 9.81 161mph. My 60's suffer badly. Stock height/length + poor conditions = bad launches for me. Everything is well. The Busa's regularly cleaned with Q-tips and tooth brushes (no girlfriend/no life = happy Busa)

I actually pieced a set of mismatched plastic together and am having them painted black. I'll throw on factory midnight falcon Se decals when I get them back. Not sure if I'll keep them though. Don't know how well it'll look with a grey frame. later dude, drop me a pm to let me know how you're doin' Grab.

I think you only have so much distance to reach 200 to be in the ECTA 200mph Club. I asked my tuner what it would take to do it and he said to get a 1397 big bore kit. I already have, BDE Hindle GenIII, PCIIIR USB, Air Box Mod, TRE, Waiting on my heavy chain, and I got a heavy grip with fast fingers, lol. I want to join and will as soon as I can.
biggrin.gif

By the way, I want to go this way for performance reliability and engine longevity. The PCIIIR USB has expansion for shift light and ignition kill for quick shifts.

Most of the 200mph runs are 1 mile or less. In order to do that you need a lot of HP. 4 or 5 mile run will get you close or there stock and some gears. Look at this comparison.

1397 motor ($10+M) with lots of work gearing 18/38 = 230hp 211mph at the end of a mile

1300 Turbo ($8M) 310hp with gearing 18/40 = 209.37 in 9/10's of a mile (214mph capable)

That puts it in perspective a little. You have a chance with about 190hp in a mile.

Most of the 200mph runs are 1 mile or less.  In order to do that you need a lot of HP.  4 or 5 mile run will get you close or there stock and some gears.  Look at this comparison.

1397 motor ($10+M) with lots of work gearing 18/38 = 230hp  211mph at the end of a mile

1300 Turbo ($8M) 310hp with gearing 18/40 = 209.37 in 9/10's of a mile (214mph capable)

That puts it in perspective a little.  You have a chance with about 190hp in a mile.
NE you really given this subject some thought haven't you
rock.gif

Back