What are your tire choices and why

Depends on how you want to ride. I have Dunlop's on my Harley. I just putt around on that now and then. So all I'm looking for there is something to take up the space between the rim and the road. And they're good tires.
The Busa goes to the strip now and then. And will do a little street racing as well. I have a Shinko UltraSoft on the rear and a Shinko D on the front. Good for street and strip. Not what you want for road trips.

Pirelli Super Corsa. Also loved the Pirelli Superbike Pros I had but they quit making that tire. Same as the Super COrsa without the tread. Pirellis have a nice stiff sidewall which allows very low tire pressure and they still feel stable at low speed. Also the race oriented Pirellis are very sticky. They don't last long.

I have been hearing good reviews of the new Bridgestone RS10. It compares to the Super Corsa but costs a lot less.

Would any of you have any opinions on race tires for track vs. drag?
Completely different animals. Think of how different a tire profile cornering will require opposed to accelerating in a straight line. A drag tire will be soft, wide and flat with relatively soft sidewalls so that it can effectively transfer power through a large contact patch. That's pretty much the opposite of what you want on a racetrack. Soft compound sure, but you need a rounded profile to turn, and stiff sidewalls to hold up under the load of leaning in the turns.

I have had Bridgestone battlax on my Busas for many years, this year I am trying out the Michelin Pilots. I have a new set of wheels and trying to decide what tires to get, so many choices!!

I have had Bridgestone battlax on my Busas for many years, this year I am trying out the Michelin Pilots. I have a new set of wheels and trying to decide what tires to get, so many choices!!

I have used Battlax tires for many years as well on several different Suzuki bikes with good results..(had a rear come apart on my Bandit). I have been searching and am sold on Michelin PR5s as my next tire. Many here use them and love them.

I have Bridgestone S21s on my Busa and so far so good.

Michelin Road 5 or Pilot Power 2ct alternatively Bridgestone T30/31 or S21/22 ;)

For track duty I've compared more than two sets of each of the Michelin Power RS vs. the Dunlop Q4. The Dunlop wears faster, but in my opinion offers more feel and grip. The Michelin Power RS appears to provide more in the number of miles department but it really is a user preference between the two. I'd love to hear any users of the Pirelli TD tire they have that competes with the Power RS and the Q4.

For track duty I've compared more than two sets of each of the Michelin Power RS vs. the Dunlop Q4. The Dunlop wears faster, but in my opinion offers more feel and grip. The Michelin Power RS appears to provide more in the number of miles department but it really is a user preference between the two. I'd love to hear any users of the Pirelli TD tire they have that competes with the Power RS and the Q4.
Always a trade off, seems like the best and stickiest rubber has a shorter shelf life. As my health and life depend on it I am ok with that

So how about for land speed, any preferred latest and greatest? Lots of great track tires to chose from, how about high speeds on the straightaway
@michael parris heuberger is building a special LSR , maybe he will share with us his choice of tire . I'm pretty sure he maybe running a couple of types , because his bike will also be drag raced . I bet he will be very happy to hear from another Busa owner interested in LSR Busa .

Back