Exhaust choices :/

GAmedic

Registered
This is what happens when you have multiple exhaust choices at your disposal. Each set has their ups and downs. Love the carbon RS3Cs but their length is getting annoying. Love the size of the R77s but the polished cans irritate me.

Let me hear everyone's opinions. Yes, my bike has every factory body piece including the fender and reflectors. No, they aren't coming off.

InstaCollage_1532392219000.jpg

Your R-77 look a lot better , because of their better shorter length . When I first bought my L2 , it was fitted with the carbon slipon R-77's , and everything was stock like your back guard etc as well . It was nice to totally stealth around on the bike then , and learn the bikes characteristics and traits in little fear of attracting any police harassment .

Personally love the carbon look. I took the shortened carbon slip ons I had and fitted it to the 4-1 full system I bought. I found the polished pipe to look too long.

I would cut the cf mufflers, about 6"-8", or whatever length looks best to you.
A hacksaw/ bandsaw/reciprocating saw, drill, and rivot gun is all that's needed.
I've cut lots of mufflers over the years, it's easy, and unless you remove packing, there will be very little change in sound, they won't be louder, belive it or not.
It makes a huge difference in looks though.

I would cut the cf mufflers, about 6"-8", or whatever length looks best to you.
A hacksaw/ bandsaw/reciprocating saw, drill, and rivot gun is all that's needed.
I've cut lots of mufflers over the years, it's easy, and unless you remove packing, there will be very little change in sound, they won't be louder, belive it or not.
It makes a huge difference in looks though.

That thought has crossed my mind once before. I could only imagine how screwed up I would do it.

That thought has crossed my mind once before. I could only imagine how screwed up I would do it.

It is EASY!
Measure, tape the area, mark a line, cut through, sand rough edge, put end cap on, mark through the rivot holes, pull cap off and drill holes, put cap on and rivot, do other side, done.

R77s all day! I took an old set in carbon and painted the mid pipes black and guards and straps white to match my bike and looked good and lasted years!

I'm 7.5 hours from the Rustburg area. I wouldn't be opposed to making a weekend trip out that way.

Rustburg is midway between me and Lynchburg, and they're both north.
So roughly 7 hours, and you should be able to make it in 2.5, lol.
I'll be gone this weekend and next, and not sure about after then, but if you wanna ride up sometime, that's on you. Unfortunately, I have no bike right now to ride with you either.

You could take the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to Bedford, Va.
From there, Rt 43 SE(extra twisty)for 30 min will bring you right past the entrance to my neighborhood.
I live in hooligan heaven.

You could take the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to Bedford, Va.
From there, Rt 43 SE(extra twisty)for 30 min will bring you right past the entrance to my neighborhood.
I live in hooligan heaven.

Where is your bike? It would probably be a couple of months. Have a lot going on right now.

Where is your bike? It would probably be a couple of months. Have a lot going on right now.

My last bike(Bking) was sold over 4 years ago.
I've been riding my friends' bikes since, and now, most all of them have sold theirs.
I'm definately buying another gsxr1k, it just hasn't happened yet...yet.
Life is good, but keeps wrenching my bike plans.

Back