What are you really Thankful for this 2022 year?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Going for a couple of hellish years with Covid and being unable to have our family together has me really craving this Thanksgiving year. I am so thankful for the time I still have with my parents, the fact I have a house that we can all meet up and I live in a country where we can be grateful or hateful as a choice.

Is there anything hitting you especially hard this year?

Cap

It's all status quo in my household....I'm retired so I was already socially distancing before it became a catch phrase.

We were able to host our older son and his daughters last summer for a few days and that was great-we are flying out to see them for Christmas so that will be great too.

The bike is in winter hibernation and is replaced with another yellow thing-the snowblower.

Only the usual rain hitting my parade ...

Sooooo thankful I'm still able to ride a 1300cc sportbike and (crash!) a 230cc enduro at my age
Incredibly thankful to be included in my daughter's Thanksgiving plans (free food! free love!)
Thankful for my health*
Thankful I found the right buyer for the '14 VStrom 1000

And at the risk of sucking up to Admin, thankful for the continuation of this forum, and the fellowship of its members

I have so many things to be grateful for this year. I have finally reconnected with one of my kids with my ex whom i havent spoken to or seen for 10 years, he is 19 and finally free of her and able to make up his own mind. We are actively making up for lost time.
Last year, i found my birth parents. I discovered my dad had passed away in 09. My mom is still alive and wasnt doing the greatest. So i moved her here to iowa to take charge of her health and am happy to report she is doing much better. A little background there, i was placed in foster care 43 years ago, spent 10 years almost in foster care, was adopted after that, but obviously hadnt seen either birth parent in 42 years. It took 30 years to finally find them. Little too late for dad. I am grateful to have the chance to get to know my mom the best i can, though she has severe mental disabilities.
I am grateful to be of good health basically and my family overall is as well. I am also grateful to be gainfully employed and stable in the same company for 15 years now.
Last but not least, i am very grateful to finally have completed a dream of mine in my 09 turbo busa. It was a lot of work both for me and vendors, but she is finally a reality and i could not be happier.

I have so many things to be grateful for this year. I have finally reconnected with one of my kids with my ex whom i havent spoken to or seen for 10 years, he is 19 and finally free of her and able to make up his own mind. We are actively making up for lost time.
Last year, i found my birth parents. I discovered my dad had passed away in 09. My mom is still alive and wasnt doing the greatest. So i moved her here to iowa to take charge of her health and am happy to report she is doing much better. A little background there, i was placed in foster care 43 years ago, spent 10 years almost in foster care, was adopted after that, but obviously hadnt seen either birth parent in 42 years. It took 30 years to finally find them. Little too late for dad. I am grateful to have the chance to get to know my mom the best i can, though she has severe mental disabilities.
I am grateful to be of good health basically and my family overall is as well. I am also grateful to be gainfully employed and stable in the same company for 15 years now.
Last but not least, i am very grateful to finally have completed a dream of mine in my 09 turbo busa. It was a lot of work both for me and vendors, but she is finally a reality and i could not be happier.
Sir that is an amazing testimony... There has to be a lot of hurt, grief, joy and reunion in that story... So glad you found what you were looking for...

My family never stopped coming together for any holiday over the rona. Every one to a one believed and still believe time now is more important than a ‘what if’.
I’m most thankful this year to be alive and be able to spend time with my 3yr old granddaughter who’s a light for me. Such a great time in a kids life and to enjoy it with her.
Also glad it’s still 75 degrees outside. :banana:

Stella and Max, my 7&5 year old grandkids.

2A3364CF-C229-45A4-9DBF-0F4028D03A7A.jpeg

My family never stopped coming together for any holiday over the rona. Every one to a one believed and still believe time now is more important than a ‘what if’.
I’m most thankful this year to be alive and be able to spend time with my 3yr old granddaughter who’s a light for me. Such a great time in a kids life and to enjoy it with her.
Also glad it’s still 75 degrees outside. :banana:
Granddaughter, dude I remember when Adam was 3...

Back