What Are You Thankful For This Thanksgiving Holiday?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Some years things are a little more on point than others, this year.

1. My dad is still with us
2. My family, this will be the first year my oldest hasn't been with us for the Holiday season. I love that boy and will miss him being close to us.
3. My youngest son is a handful and a joy to be around.
4. My wife, Holy Moly how she has put up with me for so long I have no idea but thankful for 28 years of marriage and hopefully many many more.

cap

A beautiful wife that somehow puts up with my cranky ass when I'm on the night part of my rotation.

A home to relax in.

A career to support all of our hobbies.

Knowing that spring and warm weather will come again.

Hrmmmm, let me point out that those around me should be thankful I haven't lost it yet.................:crazy:

I'm thankful for my 2 amazingly funny, healthy sons, now 15 and 17. I've got a senior in the house, and we're all still sane.......mostly...

I'm thankful for my extended family, Ashton, and the twins, Amber & Amanda. So thrilled we'll be seeing them in a few weeks!!!

I'm thankful that Omar (omslaw) still doesn't seem to mind all of my craziness, and he's always here for me...shhhhhh, no one tip him off!

I'm thankful for my other extended family, all from the oRg, spread all over but we somehow manage to meet up when we can, and we have nothing but great memories & laughs...

P.S. thankful my 22 year old GT Mustang still runs, great! :D

No wife/no kids.. and I'm 300 miles away from any family... but the money is good,.. Captain.. check your PMs

Way to many thing to thank God for!! I’m thankful for the things that God and this country have allowed me to accomplish. It has taking 9 years of 1000+ hours of OT annually, but I was able to help my parents when my dad was diagnosed with a terminal disease and needed a roof over their heads and also continue to help mom for the last 5 years that she has found herself learning to live without dad after 28years of marriage. Every morning I thank him for so many blessing that I never even imagined when I was back home in my little 3rd world country. I have a better position now and 14 days off a month, so maybe I’ll find a good woman now that I have my social life back. Life is not perfect and the family has had a tough last 3 months after my little (26 years old) sister tested positive for cancer and started chemo yesterday. I always prayed that the “devil’s disease” would never touch my family again, but it has hit one of the people I love the most yet again. We are hanging on to our faith and know the Big guy up there has our backs, like he always has.

Reactions: c10
God, family, health, food, clean water, a home, and jobs to pay the bills.
Life is good, and it's all perspective.
No matter how bad off any of us think we are, someone always has it alot worse.
I work in corrections... a maximum security prison.... and my porter is a great singer, so I have him sing and often marvel at how tough some people are.... prison is a tough place no matter how many mistakes you have made... a 17 year old was using the phone the other day(assuming he was talking to his mom).... I hard him start to cry... so I ran out of the bubble and grabbed the phone and hung it up... grabbed him by the shirt and walked him to the slop sink area (interview room)... I told the kid I probably just saved his life... in a world of wolves... one cannot be a sheep. Count our blessings.

I'm most thankful for my family and friends, they are both a blessing and a PITA! I'm thankful for this site, it has been a good friend to me for many years. I'm thankful for the Hayabusa, that never fails to make me feel a little better when I spend time with her. I'm thankful and a bit worried about our country. Change is always difficult and I just hope the glue the founders put it together with can hold it through some tough times.

I have better health now than I did last year.
I have a job that I can kick ass in for the next 5 years that provides me a very nice retirement after that.
I enjoy living a nice lifestyle that I am finding myself more protective than ever about.
I enjoyed being alone for the past few years, but will admit its better to have a nice person in your life that gets why we all have to do what we need to do to be happy with ourselves.
I have a 91 year old mother than I am thankful can still enjoy a holiday. This will probably be her last year I can say that.
I'm thankful I don't need to live anywhere near my family as I'd probably not feel so thankful for seeing them once a year maybe.

I’m thankful for my family and friends. Most of my closest friends are members here. Still have Violet (my ‘04 Busa) and have added to the stable (‘06 Street Glide & ‘17 Z125). Michelle keeps me around and the kids are all doing well in schools!

I'm thankful that Omar (omslaw) still doesn't seem to mind all of my craziness, and he's always here for me...shhhhhh, no one tip him off!

OK - I’ll keep it quiet.

I'm most thankful for my family and friends, they are both a blessing and a PITA! I'm thankful for this site, it has been a good friend to me for many years. I'm thankful for the Hayabusa, that never fails to make me feel a little better when I spend time with her. I'm thankful and a bit worried about our country. Change is always difficult and I just hope the glue the founders put it together with can hold it through some tough times.
This made me LOL.! I think most of us understand the part about the family being a PITA at times. At times I’ve said, man people that feel sad about not having a family are crazy and have no idea what it takes to deal with some siblings. :banghead:
And don’t forget arch, there is countries where people are lucky to have a meal a day, lucky to have maybe one pair of beat up shoes, can get shot over a watch or smartphone, get robbed by the cops that are supposed to protect them and the news channel truck usually arrives at scenes to show your dead body on TV before paramedics show up to try saving you. So, America is still VERY blessed.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving weed.jpg

I am thankful for everything in my life, my family and friends, what I have been blessed with, and my health. Life is amazing, live it.

I am thankful for everything in my life, my family and friends, what I have been blessed with, and my health. Life is amazing, live it.

Back