What are all your thoughts on the "Great reset"?

I kind of get a chuckle when I hear al the whining about the government from people who woke up to a climate conditioned home, turned on their lights and had a cup of coffee looking out the window at a quiet neighborhood and sending their kids to school knowing they'll be safe. Taking their trash to the curb and checking their mail then going into their garage to admire their bike or car.....then going onto the computer to complain about how hard life is and how tough they have it....

All that is possible because of a strong, robust government which ensures services are in place to look after citizens, things like electricity, energy for heating, recycle/trash programs are in place, policing, fire, EMT/hospitals are all in place, roads are looked after, etc, etc...

Without this strong, robust government, you have places like Somalia, Haiti, Rwanda to name just a very few...life is tough in these places.
Without leaders that have a strong moral and ethical guidance system you have the crap-holes you just mentioned. Not all small countries have the same issues as those places.

Yes... the western world is a good place to be and we have much to be grateful for. At the same time we could be doing so much better starting at the top.

Without leaders that have a strong moral and ethical guidance system you have the crap-holes you just mentioned. Not all small countries have the same issues as those places.

Yes... the western world is a good place to be and we have much to be grateful for. At the same time we could be doing so much better starting at the top.
I'd say each and every society could do better to improve itself.

If in the US all the "checks and balances" to keep the governing body on the straight and narrow have failed, this is where a failed state originates....I don't think the US is anywhere near that point yet.

finding meaning to life GIF by Aum

View attachment 1673884
The difference today is organized Christian religion is on the decline, at least here, lots of churches are empty and others are being converted to suit other religions.

The Islamic religion is getting stronger and stronger on a global scale and their followers are robustly devout.

View attachment 1673884
My problem with sermons is that some people, like Rick Warren in that video, talk like they know when really they just believe. Go ahead and believe what you want, I'm happy that you're happy, but please keep the distinction in mind when speaking.

Back