What an amazing machine....

Rev. 6:5

Registered
I got the tires scuffed up nicely in time for a run up and down the Dallas North Tollway. I chose a time in the middle of the day to do this so traffic would be relatively light. No need to take this baby for its first test run during rush hour traffic, right? I accelerate lightly onto the highway to slowly merge into traffic. I have to get used to wearing a full facial helmet after 3 years of wearing a half helmet.....the blind spots in a full face helmet are more profound. I ease onto the highway and take my slot in traffic. I do a few lane changes to get a feel for the girl. I'm amazed at how nimble she is. It doesn't take long before I come upon a rolling road block......cars in all 3 lanes, all doing the same speed. I hate Dallas drivers. Alas, a small gap between two of them. Without downshifting from 6th, I pull tightly on the throttle. The Busa quickly responds and I shoot the gap, thus clearing the roadblock. I am amazed because the old Gixxer 600 would have required downshifting a couple of gears to do that. I come across another rolling roadblock. Without even slowing to read which car may be going .006 mph faster than the others, I come upon the roadblock at full steam and seamlessly zip in and out of very minute gaps. The agility of the Busa and the response of the throttle gains my confidence. I come across yet another roadblock at highway speed. This time I misjudge the speeds and gaps and have to rely heavily on my brakes. The front brakes create a large dip in the front of the bike and she slows down in a heartbeat. Confidence in the stopping power....check.

My return trip along the tollway went much the same way. I can honestly say that this didn't feel like a heavy bike. It felt just as nimble and quick as my K4 Gixxer 600 did in the same situation, only more powerful. The Hayabusa and I are in for a very long love affair. :bowdown:

Your descriptions of how it handles heavy traffic are like mine here in Houston...ALMOST makes fighting traffic FUN!

Altho my idea of REAL fun takes us onto east Texas back roads! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

sounds like a good time. Treat her right and she'll take care of you in return. I'm glad you enjoyed the ride...keep on truckin:beerchug:

I was intimidated by her size at first. I am amazed at how such a large, heavy bike responds like she does. She acts like a bike half her size.

What kind of helmet are you using, I have yet to have a problem with any blind spots. I generally wear a Scorpion, but have used both Shoei and Arai with no issues.

Oh, and welcome to an amazing machine.

What kind of helmet are you using, I have yet to have a problem with any blind spots. I generally wear a Scorpion, but have used both Shoei and Arai with no issues.

Oh, and welcome to an amazing machine.

It's an old HJC I had when I had the Gixxer. Looking for a new one, but not sure which one I like the best. I've seen some Shoei flat black ones that I really like.

If you have the gear and wear it...power is not a problem...ride/drive smart and you'll never look back. Exceeding the speed limit will atract another group of folks...stick to the track for high speed fun.

Back