went to the track last night with sprocket change and now need clutches, any recom.

firefightergib

Registered
well i went back to the track last night with the 16th front sprocket, first pass i cut a 1.61 60ft and went a 10.03 @ 138, my previous best was 9.77 @ 144 w/ 1.63 60ft, so i noticed i loss quite a bit mph, so i let everything cool off and try again this time cut even better of a 60' 1.59 and ran a 9.97 @ 137. So im thinking ive burnt the clutches on it just enough where they are grabin out of the hole but slippin down the track. By the way the outside temp. was the within 3 degrees of the previous best. Anyone else have any ideas of what it might be and if it is the clutches what is your opinion the clutches i should go with.

here is a video from the pass when i cut the 1.61

th_busa.jpg

Re: went to the track last night with sprocket change and now need clutches, any reco

I dont see how you could have burned them up that quick.

Re: went to the track last night with sprocket change and now need clutches, any reco

yea i dunno, the only reason im thinking its that is cause i use to have a 954 and thats way it done on it when my clutches started to go, my sixty foot started to get better but i was losing mph. i just dont know, its odd just to lose 6mph

do you hear it slipping up top?

Pull look mic with mic stack still 50mm good to go

What clutch mods do you have? Brocks 1-piece, heavy springs, etc...?

Go with OEM if you are changing them. Pull and look at them you will be able to tell if they are burnt, measure the stack height as suggested above.

alright i will do that, i have no clutch mod whatsoever, it is the stock clutch

Dont use APE clutch fibers, there crap

Cycle concepts drag paks give us the longest life. over 300 passes and 4 different Busa's and still going strong. one does not even have any clutch mods.

Wow really you da man

Last edited:

alright i will do that, i have no clutch mod whatsoever, it is the stock clutch

Get the Brock's mod which comes with heavier springs and you'll be good to go when you replace the plates and fibers.... ;)

Get the Brock's mod which comes with heavier springs and you'll be good to go when you replace the plates and fibers.... ;)

Actually the carpenter clutch mod with springs is 65.00 from schnitz racing and does the same thing as the 225 dollar mod

This message is hidden because Fast08 is on your ignore list. :thumbsup:

Back