New PB from Wednesday night

Jacobs

OEM Parts/Accessory guy
Donating Member
Registered
After leaving the track last week with much improved 60fts, but still coming up short for E.T. I was hoping for due to a semi-smoked clutch, we went back this week with the new clutch in the bike. Last week we managed a 1.55 and 1.50 60ft but we only were going 143mph with a best e.t. of 9.49.

We loaded the bikes up and stupid me had forgot that when I went street riding on Sunday that I filled the gas tank up and hadn't ridden the bike at all since. Hoping I would find someone at the track with a siphon tube, we headed up but of course no one did so I made all of my passes with literally I completely full gas tank :banghead::banghead:

First pass off of the trailer it went a 1.51 60ft with a 9.44 @ 146mph. So of course I'm pretty happy with a new PB on the first pass. Two passes later and my the fastest it went all night...

JJBUSATIMESLIP.jpg

It was cool out but because of earlier rain, the humidity was a lot higher than we hoped for. Still have a few weeks left of racing so hoping between better weather and not carrying the extra fuel, we can get it in the 9.2x or even a 9.1x :please:

Stock motor?

100% stock motor.

R77 Full system
Bazzaz ZFI
MPS airshifter
Epic Powersports top clamp
Vortex Lowering Links
Mcinstosh Swingarm 68in wheel base
Shinko U-Soft
EK ZZZ chain
-1 front sprocket
+3 Rear sprocket
Airtech 6in over street tail
Catalyst Fiberglass seat
Brock's straps
Welded Clutch mod
Puig Z-Racing Windscreen

Nice do you think you can get into the 8s with current setup?

Honestly, current set-up w/ me riding it... no. I don't think there's enough power there for me(200ish suited). I have a Brock's sidewinder waiting for me if I want it, but it's hard for me to get over cutting my plastics plus with the amount of street riding I do, I'm not sure if I want to go that route. My good friend Jason who has pretty much got me to where I am with this bike is a pro-rider and about 40lbs less than me. He's confident he can go 8.9x on the right night.

Last edited:
The short meg or alien head will make the same HP but allow you to carve corners and requires no mods.

Great times :thumbsup:

The extra weight from the fuel helped keep the front end down allowing a harder launch, least that's what I'd suspect. When I first started turning wrenches my Dad gave me some great advise, never argue with success.

So congrats! Even though I'm not an advocate of laughing gas if I were turning consistent 9.40s I probably couldn't resist the temptation to shoot a little nitrous once I had her locked in second gear. A properly timed light shot should be all you need. Powerful drug that 8.9XX is. In fact anytime it gets on the bottom side of a second I'm looking to turn a X.999 I don't care if it's a 9.499 or 15.499.

The short meg or alien head will make the same HP but allow you to carve corners and requires no mods.

Great times :thumbsup:

I'd like to run the CT single muffler but the price I can get on this gently used sidewinder, it's hard to pass up. I don't plan on carving any corners being 10in over stock :laugh: but being able to turn right into parking lots and onto other streets would be a necessity

and thank you!

I'd like to run the CT single muffler but the price I can get on this gently used sidewinder, it's hard to pass up. I don't plan on carving any corners being 10in over stock :laugh: but being able to turn right into parking lots and onto other streets would be a necessity

and thank you!

I'd say ask if someone can send you a scratched brake side fairing and cut away. The pipe would more than likely send you down the time line. I would guess 7 more HP.

The extra weight from the fuel helped keep the front end down allowing a harder launch, least that's what I'd suspect. When I first started turning wrenches my Dad gave me some great advise, never argue with success.

So congrats! Even though I'm not an advocate of laughing gas if I were turning consistent 9.40s I probably couldn't resist the temptation to shoot a little nitrous once I had her locked in second gear. A properly timed light shot should be all you need. Powerful drug that 8.9XX is. In fact anytime it gets on the bottom side of a second I'm looking to turn a X.999 I don't care if it's a 9.499 or 15.499.

I would agree that having the extra fuel would help keep the bike down, but being that the bike is at a 68in wheel base, pretty low and no power adder, I'm almost certain that the bike won't lift more than 6-10in on a good launch.

The engine is coming out this winter and it's probably going to see some upgrades in the head. There's also going to be a bottle on it come spring time. The goal this year is to try to get myself to ride the bike to it's full potential knowing I gave it everything I could before we start going into power adders and engine work. Honestly, I would be more than happy if I ended the year with a 9.2x. That's coming a long way from where I was 2 months ago.

I'd say ask if someone can send you a scratched brake side fairing and cut away. The pipe would more than likely send you down the time line. I would guess 7 more HP.

I happen to have those plastics sitting in my garage already :laugh:

I would agree that having the extra fuel would help keep the bike down, but being that the bike is at a 68in wheel base, pretty low and no power adder, I'm almost certain that the bike won't lift more than 6-10in on a good launch.

The engine is coming out this winter and it's probably going to see some upgrades in the head. There's also going to be a bottle on it come spring time. The goal this year is to try to get myself to ride the bike to it's full potential knowing I gave it everything I could before we start going into power adders and engine work. Honestly, I would be more than happy if I ended the year with a 9.2x. That's coming a long way from where I was 2 months ago.
Who knows, could be a ballast difference too. I'll guess 30 pounds difference in weight towards the nose may have been that just right CG change the bike needed. Should be easy to figure out, make a few passes empty then fill it up and make a few more.

Then again it could just have been your night! Unfortunately that means had you remembered to empty it you may have cracked the 9.299 range. Isn't drag racing fun?:laugh:

I know a guy who works parts for a dealership in Ohio that could probably get you a deal on some plastic so you could have a cut set and a good set.:poke::laugh:

Now for real, Good job Justin. I like your game plan. You ride the bike to it's potential and make sure you are the best rider possible then play with the mechanical. Many times you see guys who can't use what they have and then still want more saying it is the bike and then they get hurt.

Back