went to local shop to ask about NOs setups

john32303

Registered
went to the local shop today to ask about a little assistance with setting up my NOs system. Its a dry shot set up. from what i read it seems pretty easy to set up. Well the owner went on and on about how serious NOs is and that it should be professionally done and that they only deal with 2 systems and the rest are junk, blah blah blah and that your probably gonna have early detonation and blow the motor. How true is that? as long as the spray goes directly into the airbox and the box is sealed, shouldnt the smallest shot be safe? also, does anyone know where the yellow wire with the green strip coming off the starter solenoid and the other that comes off the "ignition box"?

thanks

Find another shop. You can safely spray a stock motor with a 60 shot as long as you up the fuel on your Power Commander.

"fogging" the airbox is a very common method. Some people get anal about getting the exact same amount of nos in each cylinder and tap the dry directly into ea. port. My buddy is doing it this way but he will be shooting 125-150 shot.

Sounds like they just want you to have them do the work

PM Goldenchild, he has done many of these and always has great advice.
thumb_up.gif

"fogging" the airbox is a very common method. Some people get anal about getting the exact same amount of nos in each cylinder and tap the dry directly into ea. port. My buddy is doing it this way but he will be shooting 125-150 shot.

You cannot get more exact than this

MVC-003F-1.jpg

well i am chopping up this experience to him having a bad day. we all have them so i will give him the benifit of the doubt. i just want to get my bike working before the bad weather comes.

You cannot get more exact than this

MVC-003F-1.jpg
yes that is probably what he is doing. that is a LITTLE better than foging airbox
ThumbsUp.gif

Where are you in Florida. Im in Broward County I go to [UNDER PRESSURE] for all my nitros needs. 954-792-0442 Tell them Cooper sent you.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Thanks guys for all your help. i talked to golden child today and he has helped me out a lot. pretty cool guy too. i will be posting a tutorial on the subject. hopefully it will save others a headache. tonight i have to wire the switch and hopefully all will be good.

PM Goldenchild He has done mine and ALOT of others on the board . He knows his stuff . If you are goin to use a dry shot don't goo about a 50 . I have a #36 nozzle on mine. You also have to have a add more fuel with a MPS FI box or a PCIII or you will burn up your motor .

Thanks guys for all your help.  i talked to golden child today and he has helped me out a lot.  pretty cool guy too.  i will be posting a tutorial on the subject.  hopefully it will save others a headache.  tonight i have to wire the switch and hopefully all will be good.
Another satisfied customer. Ya gotta love this place!
clap.gif
super.gif

Back