Went for a nice ride.

newman

Registered
Went to Ipswich the other day to have a look round as I'm taking my bike there for it's first service, it's only a 70 odd mile round trip.
I had set the sat-nav for the fastest way there as I wanted to give the engine a good work out in each gear, but on the way home I thought I'd go to Colchester the oldest town in England to get some petrol and set the sat-nav for winding roads.

I never knew there was so many little villages within 30 miles of me, and the roads were very twisty and narrow no road markings most of the time, to tell you the truth the sat-nav had me going all over the place so much I thought it had gone wrong, it was like being in a horror movie where you end up in a little village full of dead people or psychopaths. :laugh:.

I did go through a bigger village but they had just resurfaced the road and it was covered with loose chippings and I couldn't go more that 5 mph.

Then the sat-nav seemed to take me the wrong way, or it could have been me, :whistle: and I ended up in this lane that just got narrower and narrower and I got to the point where the road was covered with stones and I had to sit on the bike and walk it up a hill and round a round a very sharp bend, but I got back on track eventually.
When I got home I told Lynne and my daughter about it and said I wish I had a camera with me to which my daughter replied didn't you have your phone on you :banghead: . yes I know I know.
The only problem I had was with side winds on the motorway I couldn't go above 80 mph because they were starting to blow me all over the place, I seem to have this problem a lot, I was struggling to keep the bike straight and had to lean in to the wind. It was a nice few hours though and gave me bit more experience on the twisty roads.
At least my chicken strips are getting smaller.
Oh and if you want to confuse a sat-nav go around a set of four interlinked mini roundabouts. :laugh:.

Sounds like it was a nice ride, next time ask your daughter to make a check list for you so we can see the pics :whistle: :rofl:

Back