Well I went down!

Good that you are okay. You can always fixed the bike. Like Big D said, post parts that you need. I may be able to get you some stock cans for just shipping cost.

Great to hear you pulled through with as little as you did. As for the memory, the brain is a very hard thing to understand and what you are experiencing is quite common in serious traumatic events. It's almost as if the brain just turns the record button off for a period of time. I'm no expert on it so I can't advise how or if you will ever get that back, I just know it happens.

Great to hear you will be rebuilding!

Same thing happened to me at 12th of January....Minor injuries but loss of memory round 2 hours or so.Branes selfdefence against big shocks.:beerchug:

Good thing your ok, I wrecked mine on July 27th, and had a new one by the 9th of this month. I was wearing my mesh jacket, gloves, helmet and jeans. I landed in some wet grass, so that helped me out, I slid in the grass and mud. I was just bruised and had a sore shoulder. Bike was totaled, but I was able to get a new one through insurance. It was a pain trying to get another new black and orange 08, they seem to be hard to find now down here in TX. Anyhow, I wish you a speedy recovery, and that your able to get back on the bike soon!!

Good thing you're ok!

The damage in the bike you can repair.

I also had an accident couple years ago, and I also just didn't remenber anything, what was explained is that this is a normal process of the brain to protect us from the pain, this way we don't remenber the pain.

This is what they told me.

Anyway hope you can ride soon.

A Costa

Your bike looks very fixable, Did they remove your spleen? I ask b/c I busted my spleen aswell and the m.d say they usually take them out but didn't remove mine. Speedy recovery for you and the bike.

i'm glad that you're ok i went down last night on my 08 busa i was on a graded dirt road that i've ridden on 100 times.only 100 ft to my driveway. i was in 2nd gear, no sudden moves or crazy clutching, just smooth. and next thing i was on top of my bike and it was on it's right side . i can't remember what happened either. 1/2 second and boom i must have said the f-word 1000 times last night. and i don't cuss much. if you find a good place to get your cowlings and exhaust let me know, and i'll do the same. good luck.

Well thanks everyone for all the support. They did leave my spleen in also. Where is a good place to get plastics? I need the front cowl, right side, the inners on the right side, and the trim on top and below my gauge cluster. The headlight is fine.

Ok so I was thinking. I think I'm going to get head work, cams, bore it out, get it tuned, and get the Akrapovic single exhaust. I'm shooting for 220 or so to the ground. Any ideas on where to get them and what kind of compression I should run?

i would go 12:1 but i know people are able to go 13:1 with single battery still. as far as plastics I'd PM vman1300:beerchug: and PM goldenchild about the motor

Last edited:
Back