well guys, i try raising the...

willgetbusa

Registered
rpm up like some of you suggested to see if it'll solve my engine stalling during hard braking issue and the bus still stalls. however, it only stalls when the engine is hot or at regular operating temperature. some people say that it might be the fuel pump because some 99 have that recall but it just doesn't seem like it would be the fuel pump because shouldn't it stall all the time or have a jerky throttle response if the fuel pump is clog or something. however, i will call american suzuki tomorrow and see if my bus is one of the units that were affected with the fuel pump recall and see if it's been fix already or not. the bus runs fine, throttle response is crisp for the most part, and it gets 45 miles per gallon on the highway so i don't have any clues. thanks for the help though. i hope suzuki can solve the issue, this is the down fall of buying a second hand bike i guess.

i raised it to 13000.
13000......yep it shouldn't stall at that kinda RPM....that's for damn sure......hope yer motor lasts.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
super.gif
super.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

super.gif

Couldn't resist dude.....sorry....anyhow.....it shouldn't stall at 1300, that does sound a little strange alright.
This may be a stupid question, but does it do the same thing with the tank right full as when it's near empty??
Also, does it do it at every stop or just sometimes??

Couldn't resist dude.....sorry....anyhow.....it shouldn't stall at 1300, that does sound a little strange alright.
This may be a stupid question, but does it do the same thing with the tank right full as when it's near empty??
Also, does it do it at every stop or just sometimes??
doesn't matter what the fuel level is at. it only stalls during hard braking when the engine is hot. i've also tried hard braking while the engine is cold or not at normal operating temperature and it didn't stall but i can hear the idle going down like it's about cut out but then it idles back up to normal range. i might tried hard braking in neutral tomorrow and see if it does the same or only when the clutch is pulled in.

The factory rollover ignition kill might be acting up, It's located around the air box and the hot trick is to squirt some silicone so the switch cannot move.  You might want to check the fuel vents on the tank too. This is a few things i figure that might help out. Good luck.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086147939 -->

Check your fast idle control & cable.
Its on your left handlebar Looks like
a choke lever.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "948"|1086140468 -->

a choke lever.
Hey Raider, don't you mean the RIGHT side?
rock.gif
Oops!  Sorry Raider.  You're right.  I just didn't quite understand what you were talking about when I first read it, but I've got it now.  Sorry...

Brian
Still recovering from the beach...
evil.gif

a choke lever.
Hey Raider, don't you mean the RIGHT side?
rock.gif
Oops!  Sorry Raider.  You're right.  I just didn't quite understand what you were talking about when I first read it, but I've got it now.  Sorry...

Brian
Still recovering from the beach...  
evil.gif
Show ya right Stunnah.  On Saturday, I did a lil' showin' off on Hwy. 501 with a few wheelies.  I guess I may be still full of some of that "MUSTICLOWN?" that I was drinkin'.
biggrin.gif
 Did get a kick out of the reaction from the riders that were going in the opposite directions who were pumping their fists in the air egging me and my partner Chad on to keep doing it.  It was all nice, but I couldn't stand to have one of THOSE tickets that they hand out over there.  I talked to one guy who got a $256 ticket for having his license plate mounted to the back end of his swingarm.  He had to dismount it and remount the plate using tie-wraps to the back of his bike.  He had a Honda CBR 954.  I personally wouldn't have taken that ticket because at least 40% of all the riders there had there license plates mounted like that.  To have singled me out would have been trouble...trouble...trouble.  I feel that I could have pleaded my case well enough to get out of a ticket like that one, but to get one for doing a wheelie?  Uhhh...let's just say that I probably wouldn't be drinkin' that MUSTICLOWN? for a long time after that.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Brian

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086184878 -->

biggrin.gif

Ummm Ummmm!! Back to the subject at hand

How much gas do yu have in the tank
Can you hear the pump oing on and then pumping

Ummm Ummmm!!  Back to the subject at hand

How much gas do yu have in the tank
Can you hear the pump oing on and then pumping
no ninja,

it stalls regardless of gas level unless the engine is cold. when it's cold, i feel the rpm drop but it didn't cut out and the rpm goes back to normal. i couldn't hear the pump, don't know what that noise sounds like to begin with but sometimes, i hear a clunk coming out from underneath the bike when it stalls, sounds like when you're shifting to first gear.

Back