Weird behavior on track

virkdoc

Registered
Guys took my 2011 hayabusa to the track yesterday. Was running beautifully till lap 9 when it suddenly started cutting at 8000 rpm......
I mean I would pop it in 1st gear...accelerate hard and at 8000 rpm it would kinda start dying....then I would change to 2nd the rpms would drop and it would run fine again uptil 8000 rpm and again start dying...
There was no F1 light or anything else. I am running a full exhaust, PCV, K&N filter and boost by smith derestrictor.
The temperatures at the track were around 110F
When I came to the pits some said it could be cos of the heat???
But its never happened before...but this was the first time with a full exhaust system also....previously I was using only slip ons.

Well I ran my '08 with 50K miles in that range all over the mountains of NC TN a week ago :dunno: I'm thinking fueling system. Another member had a servo go bad on his throttle body last week. Could be anything.

could it be a fuel delivery problem? maybe the fuel filter is beginning to plug up.

I dumped a bunch of crummy gas in my bike on a very long trip last year. by the time I got home it wouldn't rev above 9000. I just ran some good fresh gas in it, and it cleared up. (knock on wood)

try some good fresh gas. see if that helps.

:beerchug: always try the cheep fix first.

I doubt it was the heat - they are water cooled. If it was air cooled then maybe.

Do you know for sure you had a good tune done with the new exhaust?

Have you ever run Seafoam in your bike? Newer oil and filter? Premium Gas? Tier One grade?

How many miles?

Let us now what you find out.

Back