Help im going nuts

Dthompson

Registered
So my bike was having issues in the upper rpm range and I checked the tank and it was bad got everything cleaned up took apart the fuel pump and did the external filter mod from this forum and now that the bike is back together I had to adjust the idle to get the bike to stay running and now when I rev the bike over 3k rpm when the rpms come back down the bike dies restart and it idles fine again can rev all the way up no problem just wont stay running when the rpm comes back down I need help

So my bike was having issues in the upper rpm range and I checked the tank and it was bad got everything cleaned up took apart the fuel pump and did the external filter mod from this forum and now that the bike is back together I had to adjust the idle to get the bike to stay running and now when I rev the bike over 3k rpm when the rpms come back down the bike dies restart and it idles fine again can rev all the way up no problem just wont stay running when the rpm comes back down I need help

Sounds like the external filter you installed is restricting too much.
Its the only thing you changed unless you fugged up on the pump re-assembly. Doubt that thou,they are fairly straight forward and u obviously have the skillz to attempt it. :thumbsup:
Thats my 2 cents...and NO,I can't make change.:laugh:
Rubb.

Take the filter out of the equation,see what happens before you tear that pump apart again.
Rubb.

Introduction

+

Sounds like he's too pi55ed off and frustrated with his dilema to bother with all that formal "Hi,how ya doin'" krap. Also,some folks don't see it as all that important,but I totally get every ones stance on this issue.:thumbsup:
I can relate...I have zero etiquet...well actually I do,but don't give a flyin' fug sometimes. My first post was prolly something like "Help me fix my POS and I'll buy you a beer.":beerchug:
Rubb.

Sounds like he's too pi55ed off and frustrated with his dilema to bother with all that formal "Hi,how ya doin'" krap. Also,some folks don't see it as all that important,but I totally get every ones stance on this issue.:thumbsup:
I can relate...I have zero etiquet...well actually I do,but don't give a flyin' fug sometimes. My first post was prolly something like "Help me fix my POS and I'll buy you a beer.":beerchug:
Rubb.
You don't have to introduce yourself....ever.

People know you.....

Sounds like the external filter you installed is restricting too much.
Its the only thing you changed unless you fugged up on the pump re-assembly. Doubt that thou,they are fairly straight forward and u obviously have the skillz to attempt it. :thumbsup:
Thats my 2 cents...and NO,I can't make change.:laugh:
Rubb.

I did just notice after tearing the air filter box back off that the 4 into 1 vac hoses coming off the throttle body to the intake sensor wasn't connected idk if I missed it or if it was like that but I just picked up the bike could that cause my problem I'm still putting it back together right now after just cleaning the injectors

I did just notice after tearing the air filter box back off that the 4 into 1 vac hoses coming off the throttle body to the intake sensor wasn't connected idk if I missed it or if it was like that but I just picked up the bike could that cause my problem I'm still putting it back together right now after just cleaning the injectors
disconnected vacuum lines cause poor or no idle . When you rev it the lines being unconnected have little to no effect

Is the FI light on? Did you have to disconnect any air sensors? Make sure those are snug and in the correct connections.

Sorry guy my first post but I'm damian love gixxer just got my first busa it's a gen1 06 I am pretty positive I did everything right on the mod only thing I just seen is the intake sensor vacuum line was undone haven't got the bike back together yet but here's a few pics could that vacuum line be my issue bike revved fine just wouldn't stay running when it returned to idle

15881019572067610099917705990521.jpg

15881019819448818006491701171436.jpg

15881020156466371872206778738098.jpg

disconnected vacuum lines cause poor or no idle . When you rev it the lines being unconnected have little to no effect

At first when I started the bike it wouldn't stay running at all so I turned the idle screw in and it had to be in so far that the choke wouldn't even effect it for it to run then when I rev up it would die when returning to idle unless I kept a little throttle on it then I could let go and it would stay idling

At first when I started the bike it wouldn't stay running at all so I turned the idle screw in and it had to be in so far that the choke wouldn't even effect it for it to run then when I rev up it would die when returning to idle unless I kept a little throttle on it then I could let go and it would stay idling
get that vacuum line hooked back up,should be problem solved. We do the best we can here with the info provided.If you had mentioned the line in your first post you probably would be back up and running.
No worries thou...let us know. '
Rubb.

Sorry guy my first post but I'm damian love gixxer just got my first busa it's a gen1 06 I am pretty positive I did everything right on the mod only thing I just seen is the intake sensor vacuum line was undone haven't got the bike back together yet but here's a few pics could that vacuum line be my issue bike revved fine just wouldn't stay running when it returned to idle

View attachment 1617861

View attachment 1617862

View attachment 1617863
@Sandow is happy now!
Clean bike! Would be perfect if painted red

get that vacuum line hooked back up,should be problem solved. We do the best we can here with the info provided.If you had mentioned the line in your first post you probably would be back up and running.
No worries thou...let us know. '
Rubb.

I didn't notice it until after I posted but I got it all put back together and adjusted where I have the filter mounted since I suspected a possible slight kink in the line with how it was secured all is good and I'm about to go ride thanks everyone for the quick response and helpful knowledge glad it was so simple shiny side up guys! Till we meet again

I didn't notice it until after I posted but I got it all put back together and adjusted where I have the filter mounted since I suspected a possible slight kink in the line with how it was secured all is good and I'm about to go ride thanks everyone for the quick response and helpful knowledge glad it was so simple shiny side up guys! Till we meet again
Wait! Don't abandon us! You need to keep coming back, posting photos, sharing your riding adventures!!
[EDIT: he's already gone, isn't he ... I'm wasting my words ...:banghead:]

Back