Weight lifting .

I'm not that strong today .August hit 100 plus in garage, and work was rough. I might pull 225 three times today
Try different types of training to confuse the body. It adapts to the workouts you put it through over time. Try pyramid sets, negatives or workout with some else but perform there workout since it will be different in some way. The body & mind are what you are training and the connection between the two. Heavy training I enjoy but I do stuff others are not willing to try which blows minds like benching 135 for 50 reps or leg exstentions for 100-200 reps with 35-45pds. Hit DB rack for shoulders for sets from 5pds up the rack as far as possible & the looks are priceless when people judge the tiny weights you are starting at then realize that guy ended up doing reps for 10 to 15 sets non stop without breaks.

Now I am not special I didn't start out doing crazy reps or sets I worked up from 10-20reps, 25 turned into 30 so the mind set changes to why can't one do 40/50/75 reps. Just keep pushing yourself which will force the body to grow as I don't train like this all the time but will flip between endurance to Heavy lifting which will make the body get stronger it has no choice as long as you don't overtrain for long periods and refuel the body after the work is done. Example doing dips for 50 reps but only for 3 sets. I worked out with coeworker all Roided out but he could not adjust his brain to the high volume rep training above 30reps cause he had never tried or been exposed to it before. Risky for me as he had 20pds on me would take it as a slight if out performed and would work himself into an out of control frenzy losing his stuff.

Hard Core Shade! Rock bottom reps time to consider Knee wraps or sleeves at the weight you are pushing!!!!!! Putting that work in!
Normally I use knee wraps. They get a little sore after leg press. After squats very sore. I've stopped heavy squats for some time now.

Reactions: c10
Normally I use knee wraps. They get a little sore after leg press. After squats very sore. I've stopped heavy squats for some time now.
You know your body & limits never seen anyone press that many plates! What the heck do you consider heavy squats? Just have to wonder as what most would call heavy you would not obviously.

You know your body & limits never seen anyone press that many plates! What the heck do you consider heavy squats? Just have to wonder as what most would call heavy you would not obviously.

500lb and above.
Keep it under that going forward. Just too much stress on the knees

Reactions: c10
500lb and above.
Keep it under that going forward. Just too much stress on the knees
Impressive but you are wise all the reps & heavyweights over time really take a toll on knees, shoulders and elbows later on! I have all 3 but wouldn't change a thing.

Back